• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought when you mentioned the spec your interested in that it sounded like the old Joker boot but couldn't remember the spec of that one.

Has shell addiction kicked in??
Not really..

Truth be told I don’t find them amazingly practical. That said, on the correct day in the correct light they’re unbeatable!

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update on the Joker mk11

The toe cap will not be perforated. The pic above was from Shoe Healer originally. Anthony gave consent to use...

Metrosey

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think I will wear thin wool socks, definitely not those super thick knit socks.
I have tried a pair of Tricker's derby years ago, not sure what was the last but UK8 was a bit snug in the left forefoot area. The right foot was a pretty good fit. For UK8.5, left foot was more comfortable but the right one has too much room. I guess I have make a compromise then, either for the left foot or the right. 😫 By the way are these boots going to stretch out a bit?
If you go for the 8.5UK then there is the option of wearing thick shocks to improve fit. However, if you always going to wear thin socks, I’d still personally go for the 8UK. They do stretch a bit yes, it depends where required though.

Afinepairofshoes

Reaction score

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re Trickers MTO boot folks..

Trickers have now said they will only make any shoes and boots as The Bobby shoe due to production issues...

Sorry chaps..

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waittt whattttt? No Cordovan boots anymore under MTO? Only The Booby Shoe?
Yes.

The issue was we’d asked price and when spec was proposed we got an email saying no more boots.

That said. Will probably be a boot on the website soon!!

Metrosey

Reaction score
Yes.

The issue was we’d asked price and when spec was proposed we got an email saying no more boots.

Ohhh that's so disappointing, wonder what the "production issues" are then.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes.

strange that they’re happy to do the shoe but not a boot.

Construction difficulties? Difficulty in finding enough good leather in the shells to do a whole boot?

who knows

Metrosey

Reaction score
strange that they’re happy to do the shoe but not a boot.

Construction difficulties? Difficulty in finding enough good leather in the shells to do a whole boot?

who knows
Cordovan indeed seems rather problematic, perhaps this is why they dropped Horween in the end.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40