• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Metrosey

Reaction score
Summed up well there!

All I’d add is that bookbinder is probably a better wet weather option than cordovan and also a lot lower maintenance.

Bookbinder however will not get better with age and in some cases (not always) can crease quite badly.
Ahhhhhhh, water resistance, missed that part. Thanks for pointing that out :)

jayvee

Reaction score
Yes I find I can’t wear my cordovan whenever I want as I don’t want to get them really wet.

I’m sure it is plenty water resistant but the spotting takes a bit of work to remove.
Go over them with a damp cloth and they become one big water spot (at least until the next time it rains

Reiver

Reaction score
Go over them with a damp cloth and they become one big water spot (at least until the next time it rains
Does that method discolour them at all? the spots I get are a dull colour. This is probably the oils coming to he surface or something.

I just brushed them thoroughly several times over a few days and they've more or less disappeared. Don't want to have to do that regularly though.

jayvee

Reaction score
It does dull them a bit . Tbh I have the same issue with spotting on my pair. I am
over it now and just brush them every few wears .

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
It’s been a while since I wore these. Red Bourtons with commando sole. When I first got them the color was too tomato-y for my taste but after 10 years of polishing with a darker oxblood they’ve patina’d into a deeper red that I prefer.

Attachments

Metrosey

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I wore these. Red Bourtons with commando sole. When I first got them the color was too tomato-y for my taste but after 10 years of polishing with a darker oxblood they’ve patina’d into a deeper red that I prefer.
You’ve had those for 10 years? You kept them sealed in a laboratory? Ha. Jokes aside, they are looking good :)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
You’ve had those for 10 years? You kept them sealed in a laboratory? Ha. Jokes aside, they are looking good :)
thanks, i have way too many shoes, so i'll typically wear a pair that i've gravitated to for a couple weeks, then might not ever wear them again til the following year.

Mbaldinger

Shoe Whisperer
Reaction score
Hi

I hope you guys will find the following extract from this weeks newsletter of interest.

Pediwear Trickers
This season's Tricker's styles from Pediwear are a tale of two types of leather: deerskin and museum calf. For those with a taste for the depth and marble effect of museum calf we have a delightful burgundy Chelsea boot, a split toe styled Derby and a double monk shoe.

Following the success of the suede Polo chukka boot we are now offering an exclusive combination of soft dark brown deerskin in this popular chukka style (last W2298).
Bowood in Deerskin
The Bowood style will be known to many Tricker's fans - and here we have it in dark brown deerskin and fully lined by soft, bare sheepskin.

View attachment 1253172

View attachment 1253173

as ever, any questions David or myself are happy to answer.

Regards

Mike
that Chelsea!! Wow, loving the museum calf!

Metrosey

Reaction score
Yes it is quite special isn't it! Glad you like.
Have you ever inquired about perhaps doing some of the unique leathers from CF Stead. There’s so many from CF Stead like the Deerskin you are using now. I can only speak for myself but I’d really like to see more unique leathers :)

Last edited:

FondDeJante

Reaction score
That's my dream combination, red upper plus natural welt and commando sole - lovely

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.