• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

MSAINT

Reaction score
Interesting that, of all the flamboyant boots you have, your favourite is a very conservative style and colour. They are indeed very nice. However, I do regard my Russian Radnor boots on the ridgeway sole to be just a little bit better. Plus, I prefer the boot without the faux cap. I’m surprised you don’t have a pair.
I also have the classic Snowdon, a Radnor on Veldt. I do like caps and fake cap better than plane boots.
Not a big fan of the Russian Leather legend/hoax revival... Martin's or Tanneries du Puy's Zug are my favorite leather.
I am a classical man deep inside, hence the Snowdon being my favorite pair of boots (and hesitating on coping the AG Rosewood Galway on 64 last)

CrashBurner

Reaction score
I also have the classic Snowdon, a Radnor on Veldt. I do like caps and fake cap better than plane boots.
Not a big fan of the Russian Leather legend/hoax revival... Martin's or Tanneries du Puy's Zug are my favorite leather.
I am a classical man deep inside, hence the Snowdon being my favorite pair of boots (and hesitating on coping the AG Rosewood Galway on 64 last)
If you like the EG Galway @MSAINT - check out Lof & Tung Kingsley. They source the same Utah leather that EG uses and apart from level of finish, quite hard to tell the difference. Their price point is fantastic in comparison to EG.

MSAINT

Reaction score
If you like the EG Galway @MSAINT - check out Lof & Tung Kingsley. They source the same Utah leather that EG uses and apart from level of finish, quite hard to tell the difference. Their price point is fantastic in comparison to EG.
Thanks, but they are not as round as the EG 64 last and they are not Veldtschoen stiched (only GY), and also, no Zug leather.
Very good pricing (1/4 of the EG) indeed for such a well sourced tannery and an European making.

Metrosey

Reaction score
I’ve E-Mailed Richard and he’s said that the Cuba Waxy GTMO is still on track (for what he knows, as the factory hasn’t mentioned anything to him) and he shall contact me if it arrives earlier or later

caffed

Reaction score
I would say that “russian“ leather is definitely more preference than anything else. As an owner of the C&J Russian Radnor I can say that I like them but they are not the same as high quality pebble grain or as water resistant.

Thanks, but they are not as round as the EG 64 last and they are not Veldtschoen stiched (only GY), and also, no Zug leather.
Very good pricing (1/4 of the EG) indeed for such a well sourced tannery and an European making.
Utah or Delapre leather is nice but really more a “dress” leather as it is very supple and more porous than a pebble grain. Nice but not what I am looking for. I have a pair of Galway’s on the 64 last and there is nothing like them. I know what you mean. 58, 64, or 72 are lasts that I would prefer and veldtschoen can’t be beat for water resistance.

Reiver

Reaction score
They are amazeball, my best boots ever!

I managed to find a new unworn pair. They’ve been delivered to a neighbour and I am away on holiday. :(

Your pictures have helped though

Reiver

Reaction score
I would say that “russian“ leather is definitely more preference than anything else. As an owner of the C&J Russian Radnor I can say that I like them but they are not the same as high quality pebble grain or as water resistant.

Utah or Delapre leather is nice but really more a “dress” leather as it is very supple and more porous than a pebble grain. Nice but not what I am looking for. I have a pair of Galway’s on the 64 last and there is nothing like them. I know what you mean. 58, 64, or 72 are lasts that I would prefer and veldtschoen can’t be beat for water resistance.
Yes, I really like the 64 last. Rosewood look nice. Out of my budget currently though.

The shearling lined suede shaft ones looked good too

Reiver

Reaction score
Interesting that, of all the flamboyant boots you have, your favourite is a very conservative style and colour. They are indeed very nice. However, I do regard my Russian Radnor boots on the ridgeway sole to be just a little bit better. Plus, I prefer the boot without the faux cap. I’m surprised you don’t have a pair.
I suppose it’s all personal preference.

I really like both boots but would also probably choose the zug Snowdon over Radnor. I tend to favour rugged country boots though.

I also quite like the look of the faux cap. I believe C&J refused to do this for future make ups.

caffed

Reaction score
Yes, I really like the 64 last. Rosewood look nice. Out of my budget currently though.

The shearling lined suede shaft ones looked good too
I managed to get a lightly worn used pair for a great price. The rosewood looks great. I would love an almond pebble grain someday.

Reiver

Reaction score
I managed to get a lightly worn used pair for a great price. The rosewood looks great. I would love an almond pebble grain someday.
Nice one. The almond grain also looks good.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry on Trickers..

Some sizes left, I ordered the Chelsea boots. Be rude not to!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.