• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh and a shot of my Tokito military jacket
vshluNa.jpg

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bummer was just about to pull the trigger on this Beaufort when I realized it was the Sylkoil version. I regret getting a 36 instead of a 38 and am now looking to replace it in the same color to match the hood I already have. Good deal for anyone that doesn't mind that it's Sylkoil.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was hoping to get my Northy rewaxed last night but I didn't get round to it.

I took a peak this morning and it looks like I've got some more work to do on it - I must have overdone it with the wax lastnight (and the beer, hahah). I'll hit it again with the hairdryer and wipe off some excess - but I hate to mess with it since it was even before (if a bit too heavy). Either that or I'll just wear it and naturally dewax it on the furniture everywhere I go, hahahah!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a peak this morning and it looks like I've got some more work to do on it - I must have overdone it with the wax lastnight (and the beer, hahah). I'll hit it again with the hairdryer and wipe off some excess - but I hate to mess with it since it was even before (if a bit too heavy). Either that or I'll just wear it and naturally dewax it on the furniture everywhere I go, hahahah!

I’ve got some repairs to carry out on it anyway but it can wait until this comes in. Yes that is the Skyfall jacket and yes I think I just snagged the biggest deal of the year.
3F424A9E-1DE4-4BBE-87D6-C284B4C93B7F.png
4ECD8702-8EB9-44C5-B3D2-A3CC457500BB.jpeg
53C8FDE2-1F57-4600-ACE4-225206C7EFA6.jpeg

LucaS85

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here, I like Barbour very much and I want to purchase a Barbour Ashby jacket but I also want to buy a warm pile. I need an advice on the sizing. I tried the jacket in a Shop and for me the right size of Ashby Jacket is SMALL (it mean's 36-38?), so because I can't try the warm pile in a shop (unforntunately it's almost impossible to find in Italian Shops :( ). Which is in your opinion the right size for the warm pile? Barbour recommend for the Ashby, which is tailored fit , to choose a size down. So the right size is 36 inch o 34 inch? I'm a bit confused. Thank you very much for the help. :)

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here, I like Barbour very much and I want to purchase a Barbour Ashby jacket but I also want to buy a warm pile. I need an advice on the sizing. I tried the jacket in a Shop and for me the right size of Ashby Jacket is SMALL (it mean's 36-38?), so because I can't try the warm pile in a shop (unforntunately it's almost impossible to find in Italian Shops :( ). Which is in your opinion the right size for the warm pile? Barbour recommend for the Ashby, which is tailored fit , to choose a size down. So the right size is 36 inch o 34 inch? I'm a bit confused. Thank you very much for the help. :)

Buy the same size liner as the jacket. c36 in your case.

Plough Jockey

Reaction score
I find wearing it while driving the wife's car is not a good idea after a re-wax. Looks like you did a good job, was that the first time using a sponge?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find wearing it while driving the wife's car is not a good idea after a re-wax. Looks like you did a good job, was that the first time using a sponge?

Sound advice.

First time using the sponge. I think it helps get it even, though maybe I can blame the sponge for putting on a little more wax than intended.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics