• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

hschrapel

Reaction score
I agree. Beaufort is great. I purchased the Olive but am trying to justify buying a Sage. Can't come to terms with the idea of owning both, but I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me pull the trigger

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got shipping notice that my Border is coming back from the Barbour repair shop. Fast turn-around!

I’m sorta in the same boat, @hschrapel I love the lined and hooded sage border out in the weather, but am wondering about a second jacket I can throw-on and jump in the car.

Of course, it’d also have to be sage ... and probably a Beaufort. And then I have two very similar jackets.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody post the beams x paraboot x barbour stuff? Ridiculously nice bedale with leather pockets and throat latch- bummed I slept

23181333197_C_2.jpg

hschrapel

Reaction score
I just got shipping notice that my Border is coming back from the Barbour repair shop. Fast turn-around!

I’m sorta in the same boat, @hschrapel I love the lined and hooded sage border out in the weather, but am wondering about a second jacket I can throw-on and jump in the car.

Of course, it’d also have to be sage ... and probably a Beaufort. And then I have two very similar jackets.
My problem is that I love the beaufort, but I'm torn as to whether having two jackets, in two shades of green is just a silly financial decision. I don't know whether the two are different enough from one another to justify the purchase of the sage.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My problem is that I love the beaufort, but I'm torn as to whether having two jackets, in two shades of green is just a silly financial decision. I don't know whether the two are different enough from one another to justify the purchase of the sage.

I understand, though many wouldn’t.

I’m definitely on Team Sage, fwiw. The contrast with the brown collar is superb and it won’t be confused with military surplus. That said, with a little age and patina, the difference really is pretty small.

EdoubleD

Reaction score

Check out eBay! I’ve got about 6 Barbour’s and never paid over £80 or any one them, I picked up my bedale for £10 and it’s in such great condition.

I have 3 Beaforts now and they are my favourite all round

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both olive and sage are great.

EFD9F1F6-5C2D-4BB5-8A5A-EDA716E46EE2.jpeg
49CDD482-586A-4032-B854-6E7A2636AC06.jpeg
3CF753E2-3D89-4278-A7B4-F6EDC9B17B4F.jpeg
B729A314-C34D-4F05-BD38-F335C2CBF4CF.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pssst. Anyone want a deal on a C40 sage Bedale? Auction closes in about 10 hours and it’s still at $40 because it isn’t listed well.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a plan, Barbour X Wax and Tartans

I'm still picking away at it! I do have a plan in place I don't get my own jacket though...

Plough Jockey

Reaction score
Which model do you all find is most practical and easy to wear? Decisions, decisions

For me it depends a bit on the season and what I'm doing. I work on a farm and I have an unlined gamefair with a hood which I really like for it's lightness, if it's cold I add a down filled sleeveless body warmer under it.
If I'm going to town or want to simply dress things up a bit I wear a vintage black International, summer or winter. But my favourite Barbour is still my Northumbria.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads