• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll gladly take it off your hands.

If you can give me a good price it’s yours. I’ll then use the proceeds to purchase something more suitable for my needs. Fantastic jacket just can’t take my climate.

vim147

Reaction score
I've been looking on the Barbour UK site. Anyone know if there is a fit difference between the Bedale and the 'Classic' Bedale also is the Lutz wax jacket being discontinued ??

tripreed

Reaction score
I've been looking on the Barbour UK site. Anyone know if there is a fit difference between the Bedale and the 'Classic' Bedale

Standard Bedale is made of Thornproof material while Classic is made of Sylkoil, which is slightly lighter weight than standard Thornproof. The colors are different too in that the green for Thornproof is "Sage" and the green for Sylkoil is "Olive."

tripreed

Reaction score
Just a tiny bit bigger than I wanted it to be but it's not too bad. The real problem? It's a hooded Bedale and I thought it was a regular with a hood snapped on. Oops. The metal snaps fooled me. Guess that's what I get buying it from a guy in Ukraine with not great English. Oh well. Still good for $150 shipped.

Edit: Soooo is this thing originally hooded or did somebody sew this thing on later. It's a Classic Bedale, 100% cotton. Still has a cord collar although its half the size they normally are, has snaps on it. View attachment 1167182 View attachment 1167183

It seems to me like someone sewed that on there. I bet you could get a seam-ripper and take it off. That's probably what I would do. There hasn't ever been a hooded version of the Bedale, to my knowledge.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been looking on the Barbour UK site. Anyone know if there is a fit difference between the Bedale and the 'Classic' Bedale also is the Lutz wax jacket being discontinued ??

The Lutz is being discontinued? well I hope it isn't to do with my constant berating about the lining being sweaty.

HollyJoint

Reaction score
Hello.
What is for you the best barbour coat for half season? Short and practical spring coat ..

Thank you.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is for you the best barbour coat for half season? Short and practical spring coat .

I have the lightweight Ashby and I love it.

1084EDF3-F726-42EE-916D-190FA35EF84A.jpeg

vim147

Reaction score
Whats the fit of the Bedale like ? Is it kinda like a half size bigger/roomier then the Ashby ?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the fit of the Bedale like ? Is it kinda like a half size bigger/roomier then the Ashby ?

In the body yes. Chest and shoulders are the same.

Bedale looks better than the Ashby.

vim147

Reaction score
Is the Bedale a lot more roomy than the Ashby ?
I've only tried the Ashby in medium which fits perfectly if not layered. I don't want the Bedale to be too baggy on me.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Bedale a lot more roomy than the Ashby ?
I've only tried the Ashby in medium which fits perfectly if not layered. I don't want the Bedale to be too baggy on me.
Shoulders chest are pretty much the same - it's only in the body where the Bedale is slightly looser and it's not by a great deal.

jje126

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts, experience, and/or advice about ordering one of the waxed jackets in the summer? I’m concerned about hot shipping vehicles and warehouses and how that might affect the wax.

Am I overthinking this? Or is there cause for concern?

Thanks. Apologies if this has been covered. Did a quick browse through and didn’t see anything.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you say that? Because of the body fit?

Yep. The Ashby is good but compared to the Bedale it doesn’t hold a flame.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads