• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moving on from potential jacket ruining talk.

for those that have multiple coats do you have a standout fave? Is their one that doesn’t get much love?

I’ve found the stockman and sander to be my go to coats. Between the two of them I have most wet weather scenarios covered with one of the two and my Northumbria a close 3rd. The least loved are my beauforts. They only get worn after seeing a pic on here and remembering they’re in the cupboard.

what’s your faves?

Classic Beaufort
Tokito Sports Jacket
New Baker
Longhurst

^ for heavier wax jackets.

I have too many cool ones from quilt, denim, canvas etc to choose.

Mr Clumsy

Reaction score
You’ve just reminded me I need to wax my tokito. Been putting it off for ages as I can see me spilling wax on the suede patches.

I’m mildly surprised by your choices. I’ve watched a few of your videos and would have thought you would pick some others. I must say from what I’ve seen of your collection the bond and that double breasted trench coat you reviewed are on my want list.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’ve just reminded me I need to wax my tokito. Been putting it off for ages as I can see me spilling wax on the suede patches.

I’m mildly surprised by your choices. I’ve watched a few of your videos and would have thought you would pick some others. I must say from what I’ve seen of your collection the bond and that double breasted trench coat you reviewed are on my want list.

The 4 I posted up above are my most worn wax jackets for sure. I've got too many to make a fair choice.

Classic Beaufort will always be number one though.

P4PGreatest

Reaction score

Is the Tokito also know has the Beacon Sports?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Tokito also know has the Beacon Sports?

No, the tokito was the original design. Made in 2011/12 but now the Beacon Sports is a jacket made very similar. Not a Tokito though.

Mr Clumsy

Reaction score
I didn’t know that. Everyday is a school day. Tbh mine was an impulse buy. Saw it randomly on eBay and made a cheeky bid and got lucky. Didn’t know much about the tokito range at the time. Mine is the wax quilted hunting one with the suede shoulders and elbow patches.

P4PGreatest

Reaction score
Is there much difference between the 2011/12 Tokito vs the todays Beacon sports jacket?

Does the Small actually fit true to size?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there much difference between the 2011/12 Tokito vs the todays Beacon sports jacket?

Does the Small actually fit true to size?
For your first question, you can read the following article: they compare the different editions of the jacket.

201104-barbour-x-to-ki-to-jacket-2-features.jpg

For your second question, their fit is very tight, the general advice is to go up a size but it depends on your body frame.

Last edited:

P4PGreatest

Reaction score
So I just received Barbour SL Bedale Waxed Cotton Jacket size 32.
Body Length it fits perfect! Arms length are perfect! I prefer the silver zip to gold. Only issue it feels a little bit tight in the upper I can feel the arm pits on my arm pits
I can fit a jumper underneath it.

Barbour only have size 32 in stock and now put the prices up for the jacket by £80. I might stick with it.

msimon

Reaction score
So I just received Barbour SL Bedale Waxed Cotton Jacket size 32.
Body Length it fits perfect! Arms length are perfect! I prefer the silver zip to gold. Only issue it feels a little bit tight in the upper I can feel the arm pits on my arm pits
I can fit a jumper underneath it.

Barbour only have size 32 in stock and now put the prices up for the jacket by £80. I might stick with it.
Nice, enjoy it.

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Loving my beaufort, especially the game pocket on the back, so much in fact i loaded it up with my keys and paraphenalia, slipped on the ice and put a little hole in the back of the jacket right where my bum met the concrete. The hole is small and theres no ‘stress’ being put on it so im not too worried about getting it patched right away, does anyone think it’s at risk of expanding though?

Kevin24

Reaction score
I got my Barbour back from rewaxing, and repairs-they did a very good job on both.

IMG_0481.jpg

Kevin24

Reaction score
One question:

I have a Brooks Brothers dark blue British Millerain waxed cotton jacket. This might sound dumb, but I can re-wax it in the same manner as my Barbour, correct?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One question:

I have a Brooks Brothers dark blue British Millerain waxed cotton jacket. This might sound dumb, but I can re-wax it in the same manner as my Barbour, correct?

Yep!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics