• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Mr Clumsy

Reaction score
@HollyJoint. Definitely check youtube if you can. It is a straight forward process though. I use an old sauce pan, a sponge, an old tea towel and a hair dryer and most importantly some tunes.

Turn the tunes on.
Put some water in the sauce pan and bring to the boil. Put the opened tin in the water till the wax melts.
Use the sponge to apply the wax to the jacket.
When fully done hit the jacket with some hot air from the hair dryer and use the tea towel to absorb the excess wax.
Leave it a day or two in a warm dry room and its good to go.

I pay attention to seams and around the pocket areas mostly. And personally avoid coating the cord. I know someone that has nothing wrong with that I guess just not my personal. choice.

I've seen people paintbrushes to apply the wax. Tried once but the bristles didn't seem to last long with the heat. They were cheap Poundland ones though.

Mr Clumsy

Reaction score
I picked up a Backhouse off eBay recently. Typical sods law we have an amazing summer when I choose to buy a new rain coat haha. Hopefully I can test it out soon. If it doesn't rain soon I might go stand in the shower with it on haha.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have a lovely collection. These two are exceptionally nice. Whats the last one called?
Tokito Sports Jackets; wax and quilt versions.
I sold the quilt recently though.

ULCajun

Reaction score
I went a little overboard this summer but I should be ready for the season-

Bedale
Tokito quilt
Tokito bicycle
Beacon sports coat

The bicycle jacket was apparently stored for 10 years or so. The wax pretty much melted through so I’ve got a project on my hands. Otherwise a cool jacket.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tokito Sports Jacket / Beacon is elite great choice.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DavidWatts69

Reaction score
My vintage (1990) Beaufort that I bought for 60€ on ebay has desperately short sleeves. Sending it over to get the sleeves lengthened (I need a good 5cm for them to be acceptable) will cost more than the jacket, so I'll try to remove the inner nylon sleeve and sew some ribbed cuffs on the ends of the sleeves. You will be provided pictures when done

initram5

Reaction score
I’m 1.89 meter tall and 88 Kg. I have Barbour Bristol jacket in size L. Do you think Beacon in size L would fit me or Beacon is very slim fit and short? Unfortunately we don’t have Barbour store and I must order online.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m 1.89 meter tall and 88 Kg. I have Barbour Bristol jacket in size L. Do you think Beacon in size L would fit me or Beacon is very slim fit and short? Unfortunately we don’t have Barbour store and I must order online.

could be fine. I wear a large and have a 40” chest and just shy of ft.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rob1nhood

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the labeling on the inside of my new Classic Bedale is like this? It only has two crowns and entirely differs from my Beaufort.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 7A52813C-7C08-4530-8B06-FC368E6F25EB.jpeg
    7A52813C-7C08-4530-8B06-FC368E6F25EB.jpeg
    416.8 KB · Views: 63
  • ADAFB2F5-388E-498F-BFA6-0172B1FBB3DD.jpeg
    ADAFB2F5-388E-498F-BFA6-0172B1FBB3DD.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 217

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads