• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy coincidence, you can tell us more about your experience. Fortunately, my Barbour models don't have that problem.

yep, the Tokito has a full membrane like the lutz. Unwearable without a jumper in my eyes.
I’m planning on taking the membrane and lining out some point then replacing with the normal classic tartan

vim147

Reaction score
yep, the Tokito has a full membrane like the lutz. Unwearable without a jumper in my eyes.
I’m planning on taking the membrane and lining out some point then replacing with the normal classic tartan

How is the membrane atached to the jacket ?
Is it fixed to the inside of outer ? Am thinking of tearing the sleeve lining slightly so that i can pull the membrane out.

I cant justify paying £80-£90 for a tailor to reline the sleeves when i paid less then that for the jacket 2nd hand.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the membrane atached to the jacket ?
Is it fixed to the inside of outer ? Am thinking of tearing the sleeve lining slightly so that i can pull the membrane out.

I cant justify paying £80-£90 for a tailor to reline the sleeves when i paid less then that for the jacket 2nd hand.
I believe it’s just sewn in at the sleeves. I’m not too sure on this though until I remove mine.

otacon

Reaction score
I believe it’s just sewn in at the sleeves. I’m not too sure on this though until I remove mine.

Unfortunately, it's sewn into the seams throughout it seems; I have a hole in my lining and the membrane is sewn down into the bottom of the jacket.

otacon

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might still be able to find a Supa Corbridge in olive or black, or Supa Commander in olive?

vim147

Reaction score

I emailed Barbour for a quote on replacing the sleeves to cotton tartan lining and they quoted £35 for both sleeves. Didn't think it'd be that cheap.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I emailed Barbour for a quote on replacing the sleeves to cotton tartan lining and they quoted £35 for both sleeves. Didn't think it'd be that cheap.
Try Mallin & Son too.

otacon

Reaction score
Try Mallin & Son too.

I'm sure this gets asked a lot, but is there anyone in the US who offers similar services? Barbour US has told me in the past that they won't cut new button holes, which I found really odd.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F31768EB-8477-4369-AD9C-D62CCF1EDA1B.jpeg
5B084F3B-1561-419F-94DC-B022D216CA4D.jpeg
0FC9CF2F-6A22-4EDC-AC00-F61966D4DD32.jpeg
87D3902E-6E20-457B-9F35-BBFDC242C0C8.jpeg
85A79AE7-B04A-4908-BF56-7AE2EA9A7C3E.jpeg
508DE626-5998-4422-8AB8-E164E6A2C06B.jpeg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch the Barbour in the last episode of Squid Game? Was it a Beaufort or something less common?

Good eye :fistbump:!

Just finished the series last night and had my teenage daughter rolling her eyes at me for pointing out Seong Gi-hun's Barbour jacket. I have a navy Bedale so it caught my eye quickly. I assumed it was a Beaufort as well due to length but haven't gone back to double check. I got yelled at for pausing to take a closer look during such a pivotal spot in the episode/series :D .

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice coat. What are the little pockets up top for? Is it a hunting jacket?

it’s a military jacket, so must be for bullets or something.

mdg137

Reaction score
Can anyone help with Gold Standard Canna sizing? I am 5’5”, about 150lbs, 39 inch chest—I wear a size L Lowerdale, and M Ashby and Ogston.

I would assume I am an “M”, but I am seeing different recommendations… any input appreciated!

Pandaros

Reaction score
Anyone got any good recommendations for Barbour liners? I have the Bristol jacket and it's got a bit chilly now.

I've looked at all the official ones, and, well... they all seem a bit rubbish. I'd hoped they'd have a quilted one with feathers, or something a little less like, 'Here's a €100 thing worth €20".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads