• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maintenance

926E52E0-FADB-4A2E-9585-54441EAFE236.jpeg

leparrain7

Reaction score
here I am a real stubborn, I absolutely wanted the Ashby (or failing that the Bedale) and I finally managed to get it and in addition at a very good price ? since it is from the outlet .. .
Only question is that I am a 40 uk / 50 eu, I had tried the size L at the beginning of December and it fit me super well, close to the body, really adjusted to my sporty figure ?, but I have not had this feeling with this jacket that I just bought. is it because it's an older model and the new ones are much slimmer? or have I just lost weight since last December?
2604206D-D690-4EC0-B33B-38915238B97D.jpeg

5DE01CA9-0402-4CB6-95DD-96A25710E1CC.jpeg

here is the ashby joined its predecessors, the Lutz in navy and the Pretsbury in rustic
3BAE44AB-7E2F-442D-B680-E91BD1E9C9AE.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, I'm still waiting on mine to be returned from Barbour after the alterations, it's been a while....I know, I know, I should have sent it to Mallin & Son, I will definitely give them a try in the future.
Hehe, we all live and learn! It’ll come back fine from Barbour don’t worry.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any experiences with having Barbour shorten the sleeves on a jacket? The sleeves on my Barbour x Land Rover "Runal" jacket are rather long, and I'd like them taken up a bit. My hesitancy is that the end of the sleeve has leather trim, which I don't want to lose. Any thoughts or advice?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Any experiences with having Barbour shorten the sleeves on a jacket? The sleeves on my Barbour x Land Rover "Runal" jacket are rather long, and I'd like them taken up a bit. My hesitancy is that the end of the sleeve has leather trim, which I don't want to lose. Any thoughts or advice?
My wife shortened the sleeves of my commander and retained the leather trim although she complaining about what a pain it was after the fact. She had me remove the trim using a seam ripper and just sewed it back on after shortening the sleeves. Assume Barbour can do the same and without the complaining.

Planet Ocean

Reaction score
I currently have my Beacon Sports Jacket in with Barbour UK, they are shortening the sleeves for me, removing and restitching the leather trim once complete, no problem.

Planet Ocean

Reaction score
Just picked a up a navy quilted Lutz, what a lovely jacket....I thought it was going to be a little thick from looking at photos online but to my surprise, even though it's lined, it's actually not.

This may just turn out to be my favourite jacket of all the Barbours that I own, well maybe a very close second to my Beacon sports, I just love that one.

vim147

Reaction score
Does anyone use the storm flap thing that goes over the throat thats stitched the collar ?
I have the Ashby and it seems to flap around unnecessary and adds bulk when i have to clipped to the collar.
Thinking of taking it off at the stitches.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use the storm flap thing that goes over the throat thats stitched the collar ?
I have the Ashby and it seems to flap around unnecessary and adds bulk when i have to clipped to the collar.

i use it all the time, but when my collar is down I have it loose. It doesn’t flap around at all for me.

8888570E-1ABC-4AE4-8754-A579D9B55D17.jpeg

leparrain7

Reaction score
If I understand correctly, the Achby collar tie which bothers you, you can put it behind by attaching it to a button which is found behind the collar.
887A1BEF-2BA4-41FB-95E8-CC8D6040F952.jpeg

47D75EFE-08AA-4B01-8F39-694E11F1FC01.jpeg
1BD70DD7-9316-4668-BDF3-2A8D0943AF84.jpeg

Who

Reaction score
Hi There!
Measurement guide for Border and Northumbria jumps really big from size 38 to 40.
Using a Medium on Sapper and most models Should be wise to get 38?
Size 40 measurements are really big and do not want to get a baggy look baggy?
If anyone has this sizes could be possible to post measurements and advice.
Really thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads