• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

cduff

Reaction score
Yes, the sleeve length was very close to my Ashby as well.

vim147

Reaction score
Yes, the sleeve length was very close to my Ashby as well.

What differences are you finding between your Ashby and Bedale ?
I've been looking to add an olive Bedale to my collection, I already have a Navy Ashby.
My medium Ashby has enough room to layer. I tried a small Ashby and the sleeves went too short.
I might just get another Ashby in medium to add an olive colour to my Barbour collection.

cduff

Reaction score
I prefer the Ashby. I find the Bedale to be almost pear shaped. It fits nice in the chest, but then flares out at the bottom. Whereas the Ashby has a nice tailored look about it. The Bedale just comes across like a raincoat/poncho combo. My wife didn't like it either.

I'm returning it and am going to wait for a Dept B Commander to pop up for sale (at a decent price, not the inflated eBay price).

leparrain7

Reaction score
I prefer the Ashby. I find the Bedale to be almost pear shaped. It fits nice in the chest, but then flares out at the bottom. Whereas the Ashby has a nice tailored look about it. The Bedale just comes across like a raincoat/poncho combo. My wife didn't like it either.

I'm returning it and am going to wait for a Dept B Commander to pop up for sale (at a decent price, not the inflated eBay price).
I agree with you, although I have never tried the Bedale, I did try the Ashby and it fits me wonderfully in size L, it looks like a pesboke jacket that was made for me.
I'm also looking for one at a decent price ?

cduff

Reaction score
Where would you find that?

I don't know - I missed out on one for $150CAD on Poshmark.

They seem to pop up every once in while...but if you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate that.

I agree with you, although I have never tried the Bedale, I did try the Ashby and it fits me wonderfully in size L, it looks like a pesboke jacket that was made for me.
I'm also looking for one at a decent price ?

I agree, they do look bespoke and I like the fitted style.

I found mine on Grailed for $125USD. I was lucky, the seller was in Canada, so I got a deal on the shipping. I do see them time to time on Grailed and Poshmark for reasonable price.

leparrain7

Reaction score
I don't know - I missed out on one for $150CAD on Poshmark.

They seem to pop up every once in while...but if you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate that.

I agree, they do look bespoke and I like the fitted style.

I found mine on Grailed for $125USD. I was lucky, the seller was in Canada, so I got a deal on the shipping. I do see them time to time on Grailed and Poshmark for reasonable price.
Thanks for the tip??
125$ is a great price, which suits me perfectly, do you know if it ships to europe?

cduff

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip??
125$ is a great price, which suits me perfectly, do you know if it ships to europe?

No problem - there are deals to be had. You just need to be in the right place at the right time.

Everything that seller had on Grailed was size small. I'll keep an eye out and see if any others show up for sale.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This sold before I even had it in hand. It fit me perfectly so I’m hunting for
232A007F-6AEF-4BEF-9850-1432960B57BC.jpeg
56CD3F52-2433-4176-AC6A-DC6130A9AE1B.jpeg
B0A1A694-C230-4C6A-B127-450BA316517B.jpeg

I just had to.

DA00D595-DCC2-449A-B482-2C741635846D.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Planet Ocean

Reaction score
Yes it would, but you’re changing the coat anyway. It wouldn’t matter regardless.

Quick question, I have finally had a response from Barbour UK regarding the alterations to my Beacon however, I had requested that they shorten the sleeves & jacket length by 2cm respectively however, they have advised that the can only shorten the sleeves but not the length as they don't do this alteration on this model of jacket.....does that sound about right ?

Once the jacket has been returned to myself, any suggestions who may be able to shorten the jacket length on my Beacon or would I end with the same answer as Barbour UK provided.

Any information/advice would be most appreciated, thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads