• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Your Beaufort seems to be the "Rustic Brown", but as it is a vintage jacket, colours may not match accurately with a new hood.
Thought it might be rustic brown...and then I saw olive :rolleyes:, which may have bit of green and depending on how the light hits the jacket, sage......:sarcasm:...????

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ that’s 100% rustic brown.

Westmorland today.
C8C8A693-3B0B-4578-BE62-3A3C05778912.jpeg

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought it might be rustic brown...and then I saw olive :rolleyes:, which may have bit of green and depending on how the light hits the jacket, sage......:sarcasm:...????
I own Sage, Olive, Navy and Black Barbour's jackets and I would say your jacket isn't any of these: my best guess is the Rustic Brown, even though a few years ago they existed other, now discontinued colours.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a reputed Barbour alterations shop in the UK (preferably London)? I want to make a few adjustments (shoulders, sleeve) to my Beacon, and my usual alterations lady doesn't feel comfortable doing it.

I think you can send it back to the factory via one of the stores...I had my sleeve length altered this way for my old beacon

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh that's great, wasn't aware. Did they measure/take note of the alterations at the shop, or did you do that yourself?

Since it was a simple alteration, just shortening the sleeves by ~1" I put it on, we figured out a good length. They rolled the sleeve to that point and marked it down on the form as well. I'm in the US, and it was approx 70USD and done at their factory stateside.

I also send my Beaufort back through the store for a re-wax most summers, makes it pretty hassle free

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals...

New Barbour guy here and just recieved a Vintage Beaufort in Excellent condition...thing is I would like to add a hood but the actual color evades. From the pics is this the Olive, Sage, Rustic brown or......looking to pick one up from here.
Also this Beaufort takes a snap in liner...but not going there just yet.

Looking forward to wear it but it is currently -10C here in Toronto...so still down parka weather.

View attachment 1565970
View attachment 1565971

View attachment 1565964
View attachment 1565964
View attachment 1565963
View attachment 1565962

That's a nice one! Still looking for a decent Beaufort in either brown or green. Just got a Bedale in black recently and pretty stoked. Just needs a re-wax and off to the races.

IMG_0412.JPEG

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
always loved that lining!

Same. The Bedale will complement another piece that's in storage right now but it'll come out for spring/fall. It's navy and longer than the Bedale, maybe Beaufort territory, but was made in Portugal or Tunisia (I'll have to check). Not wax cotton but nylon. Great workhorse pieces though.

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Curious about this offering from the 2016 Night Watch series...it's a One Bell from what I gather.
...someone has one available locally and might pick it up. ?? ??
Night watch?.PNG
with leather collar
Night watch leather .PNG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads