• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read this somewhere online that because the Beaufort is a shooting jacket the velcro cuffs are designed to break apart when you quickly raise your gun to your shoulder when you take aim and the sleeves are meant to be short so not to foul your fingers on the trigger again for when raising your gun to the shoulder. Conversely, the elasticated cuffs of the Bedale are designed to stop wind and water getting up the sleeves when horse riding. Every jackets details are specifically designed for their specific function.
This is correct.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My old Beaufort uses poppers on the storm cuffs and the sleeves are regular length!

Last edited:

VincentC

Reaction score
As an update for my sizing : Just received my Beaufort in post, size c36. Threw it on over the hooded sweatshirt I'm currently wearing and it fits perfectly. Sleeves are right at the wrist (which seems to be strange, based on how these usually go). Still a touch of room, and perfect length. Very pleased with the sizing. Also, the game pocket is completely awesome. Going to love having that.

And if it matters : Made in England, since I know it's been a discussion on here.

Pic for reference, just in case this can help anyone in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpeg
    IMG_0176.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning gents.
Been a while size I've posted on here. Last year I sold my Tokito military jacket I've had since 2011 as it was always a touch too small for my liking. I wasn't able to wear more than an Oxford shirt underneath.
ZQgdqJw.jpg

For years I had been looking for an original Tokitko sports jacket in my size (needing an XL in this particular jacket). I'd see them pop up from time to time on Grailed or Ebay but they were always a little too tired looking and far too expensive.
One night, browsing the classifieds, I came across a brand new Tokito Sports jacket... with tags... in size XL for half the price of a New Bedale! To say I was thrilled is an understatement. I managed to secure said jacket:

wJCrJAE.jpg

HVhoA5v.jpg

JwCqz5Y.jpg

aCV38z3.jpg

fDUlTZP.jpg

A shot in the wild. With mandatory "whats over there?" pose.

9GqR04V.jpg

Its nice to add this particular jacket to my small collection of a Vintage game fair and newer Bedale. Just need to find another military jacket in a Large now lol.

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning gents.
Been a while size I've posted on here. Last year I sold my Tokito military jacket I've had since 2011 as it was always a touch too small for my liking. I wasn't able to wear more than an Oxford shirt underneath.
ZQgdqJw.jpg

For years I had been looking for an original Tokitko sports jacket in my size (needing an XL in this particular jacket). I'd see them pop up from time to time on Grailed or Ebay but they were always a little too tired looking and far too expensive.
One night, browsing the classifieds, I came across a brand new Tokito Sports jacket... with tags... in size XL for half the price of a New Bedale! To say I was thrilled is an understatement. I managed to secure said jacket:

HVhoA5v.jpg

JwCqz5Y.jpg

aCV38z3.jpg

fDUlTZP.jpg

9GqR04V.jpg

Its nice to add this particular jacket to my small collection of a Vintage game fair and newer Bedale. Just need to find another military jacket in a Large now lol.

holy **** well done! A friend of mine just sold his Tokito sports jacket to £1060 this morning..they’re still going mental.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy **** well done! A friend of mine just sold his Tokito sports jacket to £1060 this morning..they’re still going mental.

Ya its a crazy market. Been like that since they stopped making them. I remember seeing a rack of 5-6 of them back in 2012/2013 at a department store for 70% off lol.

jpdunn01

Reaction score
Morning gents.
ZQgdqJw.jpg

wJCrJAE.jpg

HVhoA5v.jpg

JwCqz5Y.jpg

aCV38z3.jpg

fDUlTZP.jpg

9GqR04V.jpg

Wow, great find! I am currently awaiting the Supa Commander version of this jacket in size XXL. What size chest do you usually wear? I have a Dept (B) commander in XXL, so think these all run in similar sizes.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a beach bonfire and my bed ale smells like smoke. Will the smell eventually just go away or is there anything I should do?

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, great find! I am currently awaiting the Supa Commander version of this jacket in size XXL. What size chest do you usually wear? I have a Dept (B) commander in XXL, so think these all run in similar sizes.

Hey!
Typically I'm a 44reg with a drop 8 in suits.
Im also a bit barrel chested. Im a loose 40 in a Classic bedale.
This TOKITO sport coat could use 1" extra, in the chest, to be perfect on me. I can't wear more than a thin sweater with it.
Hope that helps.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4154A563-13FC-4E17-9A8C-BEA0DDBB2AC0.jpeg
9D481507-FA37-46A5-919F-5671A41137A8.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jpdunn01

Reaction score
Hey!
Typically I'm a 44reg with a drop 8 in suits.
Im also a bit barrel chested. Im a loose 40 in a Classic bedale.
This TOKITO sport coat could use 1" extra, in the chest, to be perfect on me. I can't wear more than a thin sweater with it.
Hope that helps.
Thanks this helps a ton! Basically verfied my need for a XXL since I am 42 in bedale. Enjoy the TOKITO!

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A question about separately ordered Polarquilt inserts for the Beauforts. Whereas sizes for the Beaufort and Beaufort Classic jackets are done in numbers, eg 44, 46, etc., I’ve seen some of the zip in inserts using the same scheme but others sized with letters, eg M-L-XL, etc. Does it matter?

Sepetate issue: a lot of on line reviews from purchasers say the zip in is a fine stand alone vest but is lousy when joined with the jacket. Mostly because when putting on the jacket the arm holes of the vest & jacket don’t line up right.

is that a broadly held view? Should one simply find a vest you like and not worry about having something that zips into the jacket?

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5ED6B401-322F-47B2-A078-2234A93EDCB8.jpeg
99F93D2C-901B-40D0-A3AC-843006861AD6.jpeg
EE4BAA5D-F5A9-49AB-985B-C839DFDADBE3.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics