• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despatch jacket looks great. Saw it on Mr Porter but couldn’t convince myself to get it. I already have 2 Barbours and the season is so short as it is. Also, any time I’d wear it I’d probably be more likely to reach for my Grenfell trench
My girlfriend’s mum bought this for me the other day. Rather nice of her!

i wouldn’t have paid the RRP personally though. Maybe if it was a more “daily driver” coat and not so niche. But I wore it yesterday for the first time and I was dry right down to my calves.

D957F7E7-3953-4209-8281-9E31AF8956E3.jpeg
1E3C3913-F392-414F-8391-642DA20082E1.jpeg

espen

Reaction score
Saw this on PTO. Collab dropping today apparently.

Having a real hard time deciding on sizing here. The End measurements don't quite help as much as I'd think. I wear a Large in the Liddesdale and a Large in the Ashby, but according to the size charts I'd be better off with a medium Ursula?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having a real hard time deciding on sizing here. The End measurements don't quite help as much as I'd think. I wear a Large in the Liddesdale and a Large in the Ashby, but according to the size charts I'd be better off with a medium Ursula?
No idea. Are they on Barbour's site as well?

Who

Reaction score
Sorry I wrote sizes of original Ursula not Norse
Good Luck!

MeatFish

Reaction score
Hey, would anybody here happen to have any leads on a Rowing Blazers Beaufort? Or anything similar that Barbour has done? Ideally in a 42.

084C6B19-D8BF-4934-9567-B4EE3D952D21.jpeg

5E192DED-E42A-41C2-AC3D-53CF893FE856.jpeg

hurrella

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of how the Barbour A7 international jackets fit? I’m a 40 in traditional Barbour jackets (although a 42-44 in suit jackets etc), and a large in the Ashby I’ve got. I’m looking at some online and can’t work out if I’d be a 38 or 40 chest as apparently they’re very generous fitting? Also, anyone know if it’s only the 70s/80s 2 & 3 crest ones which are well made or are the newer ones (still with the stud liner) also as good quality, and not just form over function?

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of how the Barbour A7 international jackets fit? I’m a 40 in traditional Barbour jackets (although a 42-44 in suit jackets etc), and a large in the Ashby I’ve got. I’m looking at some online and can’t work out if I’d be a 38 or 40 chest as apparently they’re very generous fitting? Also, anyone know if it’s only the 70s/80s 2 & 3 crest ones which are well made or are the newer ones (still with the stud liner) also as good quality, and not just form over function?
I own the Barbour A7, my size is 38, the same that I use with my "Beaufort". My "Transport" is size "M" and I use suit jackets in 40 (SuitSupply, for example) but 38 with other brands. I have tried the Ashby and I would have to go with an "L" as they fit too narrow for my chest even though the rest would be OK: it's not a model that I would consider.

hurrella

Reaction score
I own the Barbour A7, my size is 38, the same that I use with my "Beaufort". My "Transport" is size "M" and I use suit jackets in 40 (SuitSupply, for example) but 38 with other brands. I have tried the Ashby and I would have to go with an "L" as they fit too narrow for my chest even though the rest would be OK: it's not a model that I would consider.

That’s a great help, thanks. Confirms what I thought was probably the case - I should probably hold out for a 40 if I want to layer and get the liner, rather than go for one of the many 38s that are currently up on eBay!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads