• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I own an English made Barbour Beaufort. Love it. The only question and drawback - its bell-shape, so if it gets windy it gets cold around the waist. Is it done on purpose? A slimmer size would have been too tight in shoulders and too short in sleeves. Thanks

the Sapper has a drawstring waist...that might serve you better.

Thanks for the Blast advice, gonna go with L.

Last edited:

mscott

Reaction score
Regarding Blast sizing, I am an M in classic Barbour and a 40 Beaufort. I have the waxed cotton Tokhito sports jacket (tweed patches on shoulders and elbows) in XL that the shoulders fit perfectly in. Should I stick to the XL, or would a L suffice?

Just to chime in, it seems we are the same exact size in the other coats, and the Blast in L fits me great.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was hoping to get some fit advice. I am a Large in the many To Ki To pieces I have other than the AW12 Wool Fishing jacket and the AW12 Olive Sporting Quilt with the herringbone elbow patches, both of which were too snug. So I was wondering, would I still be a Large in the Sports Jacket (Bond)? I have a 43" chest.

mikeman

Reaction score
Any idea if the outlet have the Beaufort on sale? If so how much?

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just to chime in, it seems we are the same exact size in the other coats, and the Blast in L fits me great. 

Got the tan colored Blast in today from Stuart's in the UK...no duty (yet?) and 3 days from ordering. Large fits great, and this is a really nice spring piece, I gotta say.

mscott

Reaction score
Got the tan colored Blast in today from Stuart's in the UK...no duty (yet?) and 3 days from ordering. Large fits great, and this is a really nice spring piece, I gotta say.

Mine came from there as well, very quickly also. I was impressed. And it was way below US Retail. I've been loving the jacket. It's great for this time of year, when my beaufort is a bit too heavy.

Styleyue

Reaction score

Was hoping to get some fit advice.  I am a Large in the many To Ki To pieces I have other than the AW12 Wool Fishing jacket and the AW12 Olive Sporting Quilt with the herringbone elbow patches, both of which were too snug.  So I was wondering, would I still be a Large in the Sports Jacket (Bond)?  I have a 43" chest.
I am around 43 chest and my shoulder is about 19 and I went with an XL. L might me too snug depending on how built you are

poena

Reaction score
who has gotten the kids barbour international? If I'm 5'8" and 140lbs is a kids option viable for me?

sungmineyo

Reaction score
I guess many ppl already asked this question, but I will ask anyways.

Does Badale match well with typical business casual outfit (OCBD + wool pants + dress shoes)?

If answer is Yes for above question, what is the best colour choice? Olive?

Last edited:

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess many ppl already asked this question, but I will ask anyways.

Does Badale match well with typical business casual outfit (OCBD + wool pants + dress shoes)?

If answer is Yes for above question, what is the best colour choice? Olive?

It works nicely, however I plan to pick up a Beaufort so I have the option to wear it over a blazer and olive is my preferred colour choice.

Nicolai

Reaction score
Welp, turns out that c28/71cm is a children's size. oops

Stewbone

Reaction score
Has the leather trim options always been apart of the barbour modifications available on the website?

http://www.barbour.com/us/repairs-reproofing-us

I sent my bedale back last year to have the sleeves lengthened and do not remember all the added options.

I don't even need leather trims, but I may just trim on trim on trim.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow... $90 for partial lining replacement? o_o I guess I will be fixing the rip inside my jacket myself.

krystle920

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get women's Barbour jackets from the UK to be shipped to the US? Preferably a place that will deduct the 20% tax. Also, just to clarify is the 20% usually deducted from the list price online or is it just that you pay the price they show online? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads