• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't forget to give us the lowdown on that Blast Jacket.  What color did you go for btw? Bark?

Yes bark. I'll give you the lowdown on Monday or Tuesday when I get hold of it. Good luck with your quest!

Nopike343

Reaction score

nordstrom at old orchard has a few "fashion" items only, like shirts, women's vests, etc.  didn't see any classics there.  i will keep looking.

I checked out the store on Halstead in Lincoln Park today. They have a very nice selection in all sizes. More of the contemporary styles than Orvis. The salesperson was very helpful. Found out I really like the look and fit of the Enfield.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just posting up to say we've put some of our SS13 Barbour Tokito gear online with our new website - anyone who is a fan of Barbour by David Wood should keep an eye out here - we're merging our e-commerce to clean up back end headaches a bit.

We'll be shooting these on bodies soon but the stock photos will have to do for now. As always feel free to PM me or email Rori with any questions (or international inquiries; the webstore currently only works for the states)

buzzlulu

Reaction score
Hey Portland Dry Goods

Change your website. Barbour has a "R" in it.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the Blast today. It has some great detailing - I'm really liking the cord collar and throat latch. I would say if fits in the same way as most Tokito, in that its slim. I'm glad that I ordered a size up although I can imagine others would like to go tts.

Stuarts London deducted 20% VAT, shipped for free (Fedex Priority) and I avoided all import tax / duties. Overall, an awesome experience.

I think this will be a great transitional piece - it's getting too warm now in NYC for the Sports Jacket and I think this should be perfect for Spring / Autumn.

Apologies for the crappy pic...

buzzlulu

Reaction score
I received my Red Chili Blast around 6 weeks ago and went through the exact same procedure - Stuarts of London. Unbelievable service and as a new customer an additional 10% off with coupon code.

I am wearing it now (an hour outside of NYC) and in the Chili Red color I also see it as a great fall piece.

Too bad about the demise of Tokito - I have several pieces and enjoy them all

Gregg

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am wearing it now (an hour outside of NYC) and in the Chili Red color I also see it as a great fall piece.

So I wore the Blast today to work. Unfortunately, it seems that NYC has gone from damnable winter straight into damnable summer. Not sure how much of a springtime we're going to get, and ultimately how much I'm going to be able to wear this thing before the autumn...

:fu: climate change!

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, it seems that NYC has gone from damnable winter straight into damnable summer. Not sure how much of a springtime we're going to get, and ultimately how much I'm going to be able to wear this thing before the autumn...

:fu: climate change!

Warm weather only sticking around for the week and we're back down to 50s on the weekend, so you may still get a chance to wear your Blast. Went sans jacket today.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Warm weather only sticking around for the week and we're back down to 50s on the weekend, so you may still get a chance to wear your Blast. Went sans jacket today.

Thank Christ for that! Thanks for the reassurance sir :)

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding Blast sizing, I am an M in classic Barbour and a 40 Beaufort. I have the waxed cotton Tokhito sports jacket (tweed patches on shoulders and elbows) in XL that the shoulders fit perfectly in. Should I stick to the XL, or would a L suffice?

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding Blast sizing, I am an M in classic Barbour and a 40 Beaufort. I have the waxed cotton Tokhito sports jacket (tweed patches on shoulders and elbows) in XL that the shoulders fit perfectly in. Should I stick to the XL, or would a L suffice?

I would think the L would be fine. The To Ki To you have, the Sporting Quilt I believe (the olive one with the herringbone patches), ran small IMO. I have the full herringbone version and the L was fine while that olive version was much snugger. Had to sell my L.

End's measurements on the SS13 To Ki To look off. Oi Polloi's differ and I'm guess their's are more accurate.

AE7

Reaction score
I own an English made Barbour Beaufort. Love it. The only question and drawback - its bell-shape, so if it gets windy it gets cold around the waist. Is it done on purpose? A slimmer size would have been too tight in shoulders and too short in sleeves. Thanks

Nopike343

Reaction score
I also decided to take the plunge with the Blast jacket in the Bark color. Seems like a good deal and a great jacket for the warmer days. I just hope it fits.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score

I cant imagine an XL translating to their mainline Medium. the L ought to be sufficient, that sporting tweed must have been particularly snug.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads