1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. RustyRyan

RustyRyan Senior member

Thanks for the input gents, I was able to get someone to proxy the Chelsea with the rib collar from London.

2. Coopa

Coopa Senior member

If it fits like the tokito jacket, you are going to be a large. I'm a 40R and had the tokito sport in L and it fit pretty well.

3. zielschuss

zielschuss Well-Known Member

I agree with zippyh: go by Barbour's measurements. I'm a 40R and I'd say I'm right between the medium and large.

I went with the medium because I don't wear sweaters under it but if I did, I would have gone with the large. Just a warning though: the sleeves are a bit long on me on the medium and I'm 6'1" and usually get 34" sleeve shirts. The sleeves on the large might be too long.

Here's how the medium looks on me:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

Thank you guys so much for the feedback

5. Chris Callahan

Chris Callahan New Member

Same thing has happened to me...I think my next move is hair dryer to melt the wax and using a cloth to remove it while its in a more liquid form.

6. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

Just received the Dept. B Commander from Haberdash, which I was fortunate enough to get during their 1/3 off sale. This jacket is AMAZING.

A note on sizing: I went with my usual size (small) and it pretty much fits perfectly. The sleeves are maybe a half-inch longer than I'd prefer but I have no complaints. My regular suit size is somewhere around 36-37R and the small fits perfectly. Just a word of caution to those that were thinking of sizing up as recommend by some. Probably not necessary unless you are in between sizes and prefer a fit that's not quite as trim. A+.

7. Vigilant

Vigilant Senior member

I will soon be posting for sale a New Dept. B - Commander Jacket size Medium. Feel free to PM me if you want first dibs.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

why is the commander jacket worth the trouble? its almost never in stock and some overly optimistic ebay resellers have it marked up by as much as 25-50%

9. NeedForTweed123

NeedForTweed123 Senior member

I got a medium Commander and its fits pretty great all over except it's tight in the upper back/shoulders when extending far. Anyone else have this problem?

10. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

International shipping's a bitch, but if a large would fit you better, you might as well just bite the bullet. What did you pay for that thing? ~$600?

11. NeedForTweed123

$535 for the jacket, $11 for shipping from END, and then $50 and some odd amount for Fed Ex international fees. But the international fees vary and I've heard of the Fed Ex fees going for 100+ and I don't/cant deal with that going both ways, and I'm also not sure if END would accept the return because it has been past their 14 day limit and I have never dealt with them before this. But the jacket actually fits better if I just omit the sweater and wear just a shirt underneath it, which I don't mind doing.

12. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

My commander fits the same...fine everywhere (long sleeves, I'm short), but the shoulders/back are tight up top. Not like super uncomfortable, but enough to make it difficult to layer if I need to. Hence why I'm trying to sell.

13. NeedForTweed123

Yeah same here. I can layer if I really need to, with some discomfort, but I honestly just love the Commander too much to sell it unless I have a backup with me or on the way. I plan on buying a Beaufort in the future for the days when I really need to layer. Even when I'm a fat old man, I'll probably still have my Commander. Even if it doesn't fit. It's personally a very interesting piece in my collection.

14. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

It's gotten unusually cold here in LA and I've been wearing the hell out of my Chelsea. Loving it!

15. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

Hey guys I just bought a bedale in 40 and I usually wear a 42r jacket. This thing feels huge still! Should I have gone down two sizes? I do feel a little constraint in the shoulders already though.

Also, how does black age? I ordered a sage and a black but I really like how the black looks now. I know that the sage will look awesome with wear though.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  16. NeedForTweed123

Well the Beaufort and Bedale are supposed to fit larger because they're made with the intention of layering.

17. Racove

Racove Senior member

Bond wears it in Skyfall and it's still current season. I bet you cannot find the Billy Reid Peacoat easily either. The Tom Ford Bond glasses go for > retail on ebay... even years later.

18. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

The commander jacket you see today is the remake of the original Barbour X To Ki To Beacon jacket that bond wears, I missed out on buying the original jacket when it came out hence bought the commander jacket but luckily I found the original one and had to pay a premium for it.

The Barbour X To Ki To Beacon jacket is honestly the best Barbour jacket I have ever seen if you get a chance and want a Barbour jacket get this one!

19. green garden

green garden Senior member

20. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

Weird. I bought a Bedale in two separate sizes from Country Attire last year and was able to ship back the one that didn't fit for under $20.