1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. lowchuck

lowchuck Member

I think you could size down to 40 since you are not going to wear a lot underneath. Give us an update when you receive the jacket. I'm 6'1, 180, bedale size 40

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  3. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

That's what I'm thinking as well. I now have a 40 and 42 on the way. I'll post here once I'm able to try them on and compare. Thanks for all the input, everyone. Guess at the end of the day though, the only way to know your correct size for sure is to try them on for yourself. :nodding: Oddly enough, while most here on SF recommend sizing down one, even two sizes for the Beaufort and Bedale, the consensus on AAAC seems to be completely opposite; I spent an hour or so reading threads there about Barbour sizing, and nearly everyone was saying go TTS, or even order up. Crazy that there's that much variability in opinion. I guess fit is pretty subjective with Barbours, given that some prefer a very relaxed, almost oversized fit that allows for multiple layers underneath and completely unrestricted motion, while others prefer a closer fit and don't need to layer. I can definitely understand the former, especially if you're going to use the jacket for its intended purpose of field work or some other kind of physical activity, but the slimmer look definitely looks better, IMO.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  4. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

By the way, how are the sleeves on your 40 Bedale? What size dress shirt sleeves do you wear? Some have mentioned that the sleeves on the Bedale may be too short when sizing down, but if you can wear a 40 and you're three inches taller than me, I should be fine.

5. Coopa

Coopa Senior member

Can i get some advice on Ashby sizing? I'm not sure if i should go with a medium or large.

I'm 6'1 170 with average proportions. I'm a medium (slim) in most button downs. I wear a 40R jacket. I wear medium in most other jackets (jcrew). I tried on a 40 Bedale and it was huge in the chest/waist, but the sleeves on the 38 were too short. I'm between a medium and large in most of the barbour tokito line (medium fits good in the chest/waist, but a hair tight in the shoulders).

I rarely wear layers, so it would most likely be worn over a button down, or at most, a sweater. I'm leaning towards a medium, but don't want the sleeves to be too short.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Just checked my early edition. Also have 6" between top and middle, and 4.5" between middle and bottom.

Maybe this was a way to be able to identify between the 1st and later editions (should you want to).

7. MSAINT

MSAINT Senior member

This link is a total nonsense to me as it looks like it's been made by someone who has never actually measured any of Brabour's jackets and is using the international sizing table but that can't be as the site seems to sell the measured jackets, very weird...
    You really should check the measurements taken from Countryattire (http://www.countryattire.com/barbou...cket-olive-mwx0010ol71-a835.html#measurements : check measurements tab in metric system then convert : http://boutsdechiffons.logipatch.com/cm_inches.htm), they are very precise an accurate (they also show that the Ashby has shorter sleeves than the Bedale...).

About my measurements I'm 1,73m for 83 kg (athletic in Guinness drinking) and I usually wear US sz 44 jackets (Pointer brand Medium, Nigel Cabourn Mallory 52, Oliver Spencer 44, and as I said yesterday Barbour M for my Trooper and my Martindale and all my shirts are size: 15.2 - 32)

Hope that helps...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  8. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I demand fit pics!

9. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

Consider sizing up to a 36 so you can fit a liner in there. If you're going to spend $400 on a Bedale, you might as well drop an extra $100 on the liner. I got one for mine and it's now warmer than my wool peacoat.

10. theundeadkennedy

theundeadkennedy Senior member

Thanks for the info! I am a little scared about voiding the warranty, but I think I would be more scared about having tailoring done based solely off supplied measurements. Either way, I feel I'm taking risk, but it will need tailoring done for sure. Thanks again.

11. tech1976

tech1976 New Member

I'm new to the forum, and while I've searched around a bit, I've not been able to find any info on the Gladwell jacket.
    Does anyone own one? Could you post your thoughts on it?

I currently own the Sapper jacket, and while I love it, I have to send it off to Barbour to have the sleeves lengthened.
    I'm looking for a nice spring jacket, a little more fitted than the Sapper, and thought the Gladwell fit the bill nicely.

Thank you for any info you can provide.

Ryan

12. BatmanEsq

BatmanEsq Well-Known Member

Hello.

First time poster, maybe with some valuable advice:

Invest in the Barbour Longhurst to wear instead, and keep the Sport Jacket for the collection.

It just so happens that I have a Longhurst in Large for sale...!

If anyone is interested in a superb coat, take a look: http://www.styleforum.net/t/342087/for-sale-barbour-longhurst-large-olive-225

EDIT: Coat is now sold.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  13. PETER2000

PETER2000 New Member

Hi everyone just wanted to let everyone know that I recently ordered from www.barbourjacketstyles.com and not only did i receive a completely different jacket to the one that i ordered but these are also fake jackets sent directly from China.

I have chased for a refund and initially received responses to my emails however when pressing they simply stop responding.

Makes me laugh that they actually had the nerve to ask me to recommend their website to my friends - so here i am NOT recommending their website. They are selling counterfeit goods - please AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.barbourjacketstyles.com are selling fakes.

14. Gomers

Gomers New Member

Barbour's sizing seems all over the place to me. In my Sapper, I take an M, in my recently aquired Duke, an XL (and then the extra room is marginal).

I also recently took a punt on an International Jacket from ebay, size 42. I'm also a 42 chest but this was massive and looking at the sizing I could have easily got away with a 38. I would check the actual measurments of your Beaufort 36 and take it from there with regards to any other prospective purchase.

15. zxu426

zxu426 Senior member

Hi everyone just wanted to let everyone know that I recently ordered from www.barbourjacketstyles.com and not only did i receive a completely different jacket to the one that i ordered but these are also fake jackets sent directly from China.

I have chased for a refund and initially received responses to my emails however when pressing they simply stop responding.

Makes me laugh that they actually had the nerve to ask me to recommend their website to my friends - so here i am NOT recommending their website. They are selling counterfeit goods - please AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.barbourjacketstyles.com are selling fakes.
    [/quote/]

If you go to the official Barbour website, you'll find that the webpage you mentioned is among the list of fraudulent distributors.

16. otacon

otacon Senior member

I hope your credit card company will work with you.

Pictures of the jacket? I'm actually curious what kind of stuff those websites put out.

1 person likes this.
  17. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

TIP: You can often tell where your Barbour is likely to be coming from by doing a whois search on the site in question.

http://www.whois.net/whois/barbourjacketuks.com

City : GuiYang
    Province/State : GuiZhou

I'd be interested to see the kind of Barbour they have in that particular region. Post some pics.

BTW you'd better check your credit card statements, because there's probably someone in Guiyang driving their car around at your expense.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  18. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Sorry you fell for that scam. How much did they charge you for the fake? Please do post some pics - would be interested to see what you ended up with.

19. red81

red81 Senior member

does barbour ever go on sale anywhere?

thinking about starting a hunt for the bond jacket (yes i know), but not in a hurry now.

or is it one of those styles that's needed year round so it never goes on sale?

20. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

A lot of Barbour goes on sale, but as that jacket is regularly sold out and was trading used for more than the new ones I think the chances of picking one up cheaply are limited...