1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Guus

Guus Senior member

Would it be a problem if I use anti-static spray to try to keep lint off?

2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I would be wary of spraying anything on a waxed coat.

3. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I too will be interested in seeing how this turns out. IMHO $90 isn't a bad price either.

NIce coat btw. I wouldn't mind grabbing one myself, but it seems to have sold from a fair amount of shops.

4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Looks like End has the SS13 Collection up already. Seems a bit early unless it's just a bridge collection, IE January package, but I'm guessing they don't do that. The way their AW12 stock sold maybe this stuff will sell quickly as well.

5. Mike147

Mike147 Senior member

Can i please ask you to explain what "End" and "IE January Package" refer to? Thanks, Mike

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

7. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

The Fall/Winter 2012 issue of Inventory has a nice article on the history of the waxed jacket. Pretty interesting read.

8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

As the post above notes, End is a UK shop. Their AW12 Beacon Heritage line sold out really quickly.

January package, December refresh, it goes by various names, but places like J. Crew and Banana Republic usually do these. They land in store in December and are more cotton based as opposed to wool based collections. Usually pre-Spring type collections, maybe some cruise wear.

The pieces at end are actually part of the SS13 Barbour and Barbour Beacon collections.

9. Mike147

Mike147 Senior member

Thanks much...

10. Mike147

Mike147 Senior member

Got my Bedale in the mail today - Size 42... I think it's too big. Bloomingdales has nothing to try on (sizing wise) anywhere in the US at this point. My suit jackets are 42/43 so I might see if I can size down...

I'm gonna call the Barbour stores in NYC and see if they can help me with sizing, a switch to skyloil, etc..

11. Guus

Guus Senior member

So what do you guys use to keep lint off? Just the roller?

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

It might feel that way, but they're cut large to fit over just about anything. I suspect if you went with a 40 the arms would be too short.

13. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Great question and I'd love to know myself. Careful with the roller. It should work as it's worked on a waxed tote I have from Archival clothing, but the edges of the roller have left some "scratches" if you will. If anyone has any ideas let us know though.

I'm a 42R in most blazers and I have a 43" chest. I tried them on over and over again at Orvis the other night and definitely felt the 40 was the right fit. Even the sales associate said as much. Only thing I noticed was the raglan seam at the shoulder/armpit area, but I noticed that on the 42 as well.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  14. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Lets do it Rambo style so finally everybody will know:

[COLOR=FF0066]Size down one size (= 2 inch) from your chest body measurement for Bedale and Beaufort!![/COLOR]

15. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

damp cloth