Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

IIRC around $17. You should check with them, but USPS works fine for me. Dont' mess with a lot of fancy shipping options either. USPS guys were pretty honest about timeframes and what tracking actually gets you.

I've had 3 DHL packages from them (Oi Polloi and DHL) this year and not a single charge from DHL. Knocking on wood.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012

2. plei89

plei89 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Barbour Experts: Just picked up this sweet jacket for winter. It was brand new for $59. It's missing a button on the sleeve, contacted barbour via email to see if they can send me a replacement. Anyone had any luck with getting a free replacement button for their quilted items? Also I read that barbour does alterations, granted I didn't purchase it directly from them, think they would be able to alter it for free? Just wondering before I take it to my local tailor. Not sure how good barbour's customer service is.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012

3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Oh I believe you. It's always a crapshoot.
    I ordered something from them in May and didn't get hit with customs.

4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Yeah, I suppose. It's the stuff from End that I get nailed on.

Where'd you get it for that price?

5. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I've had my Beaufort for about a month now and it seems like the smell has already subsided. I didn't mind the smell when it was new though.
    I didn't think alterations were free either way, but maybe I'm wrong.

6. plei89

plei89 Senior member

^ Yeah probably not. I'll call and see how much it'd cost to alter the sleeves. Sucks that they're working buttons as I need it shortened a bit

7. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

where can you get your barbour taken in?? i dont see it on the website

8. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Thanks man. I was on the fence between what size to buy. Medium looked SF approved but the large was more practical...but who buys anything for practicality :slayer: :satisfied:

9. zielschuss

zielschuss Well-Known Member

There's some info about it here: http://www.barbour.com/us/repairs-reproofing-us

I sent an email to [email protected] about taking in a large Tokito Mountain Parka which fit well in the shoulders but was tent-like otherwise. A nice lady by the name of Lisa Wigger responded 5 days later. After some correspondence I decided to take off about 4" along the bottom hem and 2" right under the pit to give the jacket some taper. It was a bit pricey ($90), but the alteration is a bit more involved as they'll be doing it along the side-seams to maintain use of the rear game pocket. It also includes a rewax of the new seams they put in.

I'm supposed to receive it in 3 weeks or so and will post pics in this thread when I do.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012

10. lowchuck

lowchuck Member

i've just got my new barbour, apart from wearing it under the rain, any way you guys would recommend to speed the breaking-in? ie, placing it under the sun for a good few hours etc

11. Coopa

Coopa Senior member

I'll be interested to see how it looks because i had the exact same experience with the mountain parka. I absolutely love the jacket, but it was gigantic in from the chest down. Sizing down to a medium would have made it too constricted in the shoulders. I ended up reluctantly returning it.

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Down most of the time, but if it's raining/blowing a gale, up it comes.

13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Sylkoil definitely visually ages quicker due to the slight peaching of the cotton. Some people find that it's not as tough with thorns/barbed wire. For me I prefer sylkoil...

14. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

+1

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012

15. imys

imys Senior member

Thanks for the info. I just sent them an email RE taking in my TOKITO Beacon Heritage. Hopefully ill get a response soon, but unlikely because they are closed for the holidays from Dec 19-Jan 7 and have stated on their website not to send any garments to them during this time.
    Cheers,
    -I