1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

IIRC around $17. You should check with them, but USPS works fine for me. Dont' mess with a lot of fancy shipping options either. USPS guys were pretty honest about timeframes and what tracking actually gets you.

I've had 3 DHL packages from them (Oi Polloi and DHL) this year and not a single charge from DHL. Knocking on wood.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  2. plei89

plei89 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Barbour Experts: Just picked up this sweet jacket for winter. It was brand new for $59. It's missing a button on the sleeve, contacted barbour via email to see if they can send me a replacement. Anyone had any luck with getting a free replacement button for their quilted items? Also I read that barbour does alterations, granted I didn't purchase it directly from them, think they would be able to alter it for free? Just wondering before I take it to my local tailor. Not sure how good barbour's customer service is.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  3. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Oh I believe you. It's always a crapshoot.
    I ordered something from them in May and didn't get hit with customs.

4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Yeah, I suppose. It's the stuff from End that I get nailed on.

Where'd you get it for that price?

5. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I've had my Beaufort for about a month now and it seems like the smell has already subsided. I didn't mind the smell when it was new though.
    I didn't think alterations were free either way, but maybe I'm wrong.

6. plei89

plei89 Senior member

^ Yeah probably not. I'll call and see how much it'd cost to alter the sleeves. Sucks that they're working buttons as I need it shortened a bit

7. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

where can you get your barbour taken in?? i dont see it on the website

8. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Thanks man. I was on the fence between what size to buy. Medium looked SF approved but the large was more practical...but who buys anything for practicality :slayer: :satisfied:

9. zielschuss

zielschuss Well-Known Member

There's some info about it here: http://www.barbour.com/us/repairs-reproofing-us

I sent an email to [email protected] about taking in a large Tokito Mountain Parka which fit well in the shoulders but was tent-like otherwise. A nice lady by the name of Lisa Wigger responded 5 days later. After some correspondence I decided to take off about 4" along the bottom hem and 2" right under the pit to give the jacket some taper. It was a bit pricey ($90), but the alteration is a bit more involved as they'll be doing it along the side-seams to maintain use of the rear game pocket. It also includes a rewax of the new seams they put in.

I'm supposed to receive it in 3 weeks or so and will post pics in this thread when I do.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  10. lowchuck

lowchuck Member

i've just got my new barbour, apart from wearing it under the rain, any way you guys would recommend to speed the breaking-in? ie, placing it under the sun for a good few hours etc

11. Coopa

Coopa Senior member

I'll be interested to see how it looks because i had the exact same experience with the mountain parka. I absolutely love the jacket, but it was gigantic in from the chest down. Sizing down to a medium would have made it too constricted in the shoulders. I ended up reluctantly returning it.

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Down most of the time, but if it's raining/blowing a gale, up it comes.

13. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Sylkoil definitely visually ages quicker due to the slight peaching of the cotton. Some people find that it's not as tough with thorns/barbed wire. For me I prefer sylkoil...

14. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

+1

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  15. imys

imys Senior member

Thanks for the info. I just sent them an email RE taking in my TOKITO Beacon Heritage. Hopefully ill get a response soon, but unlikely because they are closed for the holidays from Dec 19-Jan 7 and have stated on their website not to send any garments to them during this time.
    Cheers,
    -I