1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Lemon328i

Lemon328i New Member

That looks like a Barbour Hurst jacket.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I have the Barbour Skipsea jacket in Navy as my winter coat (love it). What would you guys recommend for a spring jacket? Will mainly be worn with denim and a button down. Thanks!

3. imys

imys Senior member

Thanks for this post and the review. I too need to have my jacket taken in. I opted for the large because the medium wouldnt fit on the shoulders, but now it drapes like a "tent". I have the beacon heritage tokito ('skyfall') jacket and was hesitant on sending it to them from Canada. But i dont have any other choice. I have to take in the chest and waist ("lower hem") but also the entire sleeve width (the bicep area to the wrist). Do you know where i measure the width from on the jacket? Thanks.

4. Spruce

Spruce Member

I won this Barbour model on Ebay for 70 bucks. The tag inside says it's a Reefer Liddesdale. I don't think I've ever seen another Barbour model like it.
    [​IMG]

5. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

6. poena

poena Senior member

I finally made it down to Georgetown Barbour store this past weekend. Got to try on some jackets. I haven't heard it mentioned much but the sales person said if I was looking for a trimmer fit of the Bedale to go with the Ashby.

I should have asked but are there other jackets that are a bit slimmer fitting than the Bedale? And also jackets that have a standing collar instead of the corduroy fold down?

7. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Senior member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Looks like we have one final (?!) Bond Sporting Jacket in a size LARGE available for anyone who missed out.

we've also got a good chunk of summer in, including the final Beacon Heritage collection and new steve mcqueen. I'll try to get some of this on a person for you guys

also dont fret about the Dept. B gear, it builds off of what To Ki To did for the company!

Best,

D.O.

EDIT: A Customer of ours is looking to sell their brand new XL which was a hair too snug for him. PM me or email rori if you're interested. both of these will be at full retail rather than the inflated ebay prices that are floating around now.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  8. lowchuck

lowchuck Member

does anyone have any idea i could find barbour bedale/beaufort NOS (new old stock/deadstock) jackets?
    I'm looking for the waxed jackets made just prior to the current version.
    Thanks

9. otacon

otacon Senior member

Going through my email, I'm not seeing a reply to the email I sent Barbour weeks ago. This seems odd...

Anyway, if anyone held off on the Sport's jacket, there are two things you should know, and both are detailed in this thread):
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/38733/skyfall-lodge-jacket/page/1

1. There was an issue with the button stance on some (including mine) being even, which isn't how the original line went out: the distance between the bottom button and waist button should be less than the spacing between the other buttons. The incorrect (equal) spacing sort of ruins the sports jacket look.
    (starts around here in the thread:
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/38733/skyfall-lodge-jacket/page/34/)

2. Barbour is introducing the Dept. B line (as was noted earlier) under the Beacon Heritage banner, and one of the first jackets is something of a reproduction of the To Ki To sports jacket, without the hood or windflap. I'm not sure if the button stance has been corrected or if it's the equal spacing. I've also read the fit is different, but I didn't get into details with my reading on that.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  10. poena

poena Senior member

How much is the sale usually at Barbour stores? I was told they usually have 2 a year.

11. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I recall there was a sale a few months ago and it was around 30% off. Discount does not apply to any of the classic collection though.

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Looks like a bit more than "building" - more an absolute cashing in.... The new Barbour Dept B Commander Jacket, due out late 2013.

[​IMG]

13. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Orvis boston still has a decent stock of sage Bedales, everything else is pretty spotty. (-30%).

14. otacon

otacon Senior member

Oddly enough, this photo has the buttons non-screen accurate, as they are calling it, while some others have it SA. It's very strange. What's funny is that even though Bond doesn't use the storm flap, you can still see it tucked in in one of the shots, so in their zeal to make a Bond jacket ("Commander Bond") they eliminated something that's still on his coat. I will admit though that it is kind of an annoyance--I hardly use it, and I'm not sure I'd miss mine were it gone.

15. Bugsy

Bugsy Well-Known Member

i have an early edition large To Ki To SPORTJACKET, 6 inch between first two buttons, 4.5 between last two.

16. Bugsy

Bugsy Well-Known Member

pt2, i find the stormflap very functional, otherwise the coat, would b quiet drafty.

17. theNarcissist

theNarcissist Active Member

Going to London in about a month, is there any better store to visit than the one at Covent Garden?

18. lyxicon

lyxicon Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for a 35'' chest, 6' tall skinny guy looking for a slim fit?

19. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

http://www.thehighlandsstore.com/ One on Regent St and one off Oxford St - which is a little treasure trove of Barbour stuff.

20. theNarcissist

theNarcissist Active Member

Thanks!
    How are the prices if you were to compare the Barbour Store and The Highland Store, seems to be more or less the same online but is there any difference in store?