1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Providing the waxing is maintained very well - your top half should remain dry whilst everything from your arse downwards will be soaked...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I can live with ToKiTo designing for WWM :nodding:

3. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Hi Gents,

Any reviews on Barbour classic Durham jacket? I

Thanks

4. Barbour-Bond

Barbour-Bond Member

Classic Durham are very nice but have you considered the longhurst? Well worth a look... Depends what you want it for?

5. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

thanks, I tried Durham and the fit is superb. I was thinking to use it for Spring/Fall weather. It has option to use with liner for colder temps.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  6. Barbour-Bond

Barbour-Bond Member

Ah well that sounds like a good choice but I really would consider (if you get the opportunity) the Longhurst, it's tailored and looks great - has the double high pockets too along with fleece tartan lining for warmth. Also has good but I think anything Barbour won't let you down...

7. mscott

mscott Member

We were discussing the inner arm lining in a specific Beacon Heritage coat...not a "classic" Barbour's fit.

8. bnigut

bnigut Member

I recently purchased the Ashby jacket and am quite happy with its relatively slimmer fit. Still allows for layering in the cold but it is much sleeker and more modern fitting without losing the classic Barbour look. It is shorter than the Beaufort as well.

An attempt to offer sizing help: the downside is it comes in M,L sizes rather than 40,42 sizes. I am about a 41 and like the way my L Ashby fits me. My sleeves are 36 and the Ashby's sleeves are only barely too short - a trade off I'm willing to make for the fit.

9. wwjbd24

wwjbd24 Member

hey guys, I have a barbour trooper (olive, small) and i'm really looking to trade it for a bedale/beaufort (olive or sage, small or 36)

Thanks!

10. poena

poena Senior member

Is $300 a good price for a Bedale?

11. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Senior member

Yes.

12. theNarcissist

theNarcissist Active Member

Anyone who has knowledge regarding how much difference there is between the fit of the Ashby and the Martindale? I don´t have the possibility to try the Martindale but know that a Ashby Small fits me well.

13. mscott

mscott Member

Does anyone happen to know what jacket this is? Saw it on tumblr.

[​IMG]

14. marmot8

marmot8 Well-Known Member

I have the Martindale in a M and preferred the Ashby In a Large. They're very similar I would say...I debated finding a large for the Martindale after receiving the M as a gift. During my search for size, I tried the Ashby in a large and it seemed to fit well. Never found the L, kept the M, and couldn't be happier. Long story short I would say the Martindale is a slightly larger jacket.

15. Hugh Larkov

Hugh Larkov New Member

hello everybody.
    who knows what shops offers international shipping , i'm searching for barbour joshua pants.
    or maybe somebody wants to sell it?

16. theNarcissist

edit: double

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  17. theNarcissist

Thansk for the info!
    I´ll make some measurements and continue my search for a site that has the small Martindale, Olive in stock.

18. danger3000

danger3000 Well-Known Member

Dude can you post a photo of the martindale? Is it the one above? I might be able to source one for you.

19. marmot8

marmot8 Well-Known Member

Traveling but can post when I get home. Mine looks just like the one you find on the Orvis website. Not sure what you,ean by source one, but I'd be happy to help- took me a lot of effort to settle on the Martindale since it is so hard to find out about. Emailed Barbour and never got a response.