• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does Orvis or the Barbour stores in NYC ever run sales on Beaufort, Bedale, etc? Thinking post-XMAS if it makes sense to wait...
I won't limit myself to the above two retailers - just looking for someone with legit inventory and good customer service... I have 2 Filson Weekenders - love them but I really love the look of the Bedale...

Can only speak for Orvis. Seasonal jackets, always sale, some are already marked down. Bedale/Beaufort/Border/classics I've never seen on sale.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does Orvis or the Barbour stores in NYC ever run sales on Beaufort, Bedale, etc? Thinking post-XMAS if it makes sense to wait...
I won't limit myself to the above two retailers - just looking for someone with legit inventory and good customer service... I have 2 Filson Weekenders - love them but I really love the look of the Bedale...

You may want to check Bloomingdale's, J. Crew, or Club Monaco. I have seen internationals on sale at Club Monaco and you could probably get a Bedale for less than retail with a coupon at Bloomies.

Last edited:

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been stalking the outlet looking for a Beaufort in a 44 for months now and heard early last week that they were finally expecting a shipment. They hadn't received the Bedales & Beauforts as of this morning but I ended up picking up a Sage Beaufort at the Milford, NH store that was 20% off the standard $299 price. Ends up at ~$230.

However, the Kittery outlet received some interesting sample items last week/over the weekend. All are size large (as all sample pieces are). One that caught my eye (but was too small) was a gorgeous waxed dark green (sage maybe) international. They had a couple of them.

Last edited:

iGolf

Reaction score
how are the bedales sized? if im a true 38 chest, should i get the 36 or 38 in bedale? what about the ashby? thank you

MrSmith

Reaction score
I wouldn't take that advice - Barbour sizings are all over the place. e.g. I have a 40 that is almost to small, yet a 42 in the same style was massive, like wearing a tent. The only thing you can do is TRY IT ON.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't take that advice - Barbour sizings are all over the place. e.g. I have a 40 that is almost to small, yet a 42 in the same style was massive, like wearing a tent. The only thing you can do is TRY IT ON.

That's very god advice.

gskr

Reaction score
why are there zero pictures on the internet of real people wearing the sapper? can anybody post some?

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how are the bedales sized? if im a true 38 chest, should i get the 36 or 38 in bedale? what about the ashby? thank you

I'm also a 38 chest. I don't think I could fit into a 34. Go with the 36 if you want a normal fit, 38 for relaxed. I've tried on both. If you are taller than 5"5" though you may have length issues with the 36 in my experience.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im 5'6 with 38" chest and I can easily fit a 34 with a liner zipped in. I can comfortably fit a 32 also but without a liner

Interesting, I haven't tried a 34 on, but can't imagine it would be too comfortable, especially with a liner. Maybe I'm just a lot fatter than you.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a 35-36 inch chest and just unpacked my size 34 Beaufort.
As the cut of Bedale and Beaufort are identical aside from the length, I can't imagine to comfortably fit into a size 32 or a 38 inch chest into a 34 or even 32.
I will have a second look at my jacket in tomorrows day light but so far I am happy with my purchase.

Ackord02

Reaction score
Just auctioned home a brand new international for 90$!!

Waxed Union Jack version

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads