• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

cornbread

Reaction score
That jacket was from about 3 seasons ago and is pretty much sold out everywhere now. However thanks to the Bond movie they are re-issuing it in January. If it fits anything like the original ones then you might want to get a medium if you plan to layer it but i would suggest going to try it on first.
Yeah, they are releasing more of them, and I've recently been notified that I can preorder one in the next couple of days. Problem is I can't try them on, because it's a preorder. I'd describe my build as lean but athletic (I do a bit of lifting and running), I think (read: hope) they fit like the originals. For clarification - you'd recommend a medium? I'm not planning to layer a ton, but I was wanting to have it fit well over a simple sweater and shirt two layer (as I guess I'll mostly be wearing it in cooler weather). Thanks for helping a guy out. I'd have no idea about the sizing without some useful advice.

private eyes

Reaction score
I have a XS black ariel international in the mail coming to me. If its too small, it'll be available if anyones interested.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whats the cost range on those jackets?

I bought mine from the UK and had it sent to the US. Retail in the US was insane -something like $800. In the UK it cost me $320 so about $500. The best price I saw was for an XL on My Wardrobe - can't remember how much it was but I remember thinking, "Christ almighty! That's an effing good price!".

Guus

Reaction score

Large. I'm a 40R and the Sapper in Large was too big for me, was more a 42-44 fit.

I agree. I have a medium and that is pretty roomy. Sapper doesn't have the contemporary fit I was told it had.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought mine from the UK and had it sent to the US. Retail in the US was insane -something like $800. In the UK it cost me $320 so about $500. The best price I saw was for an XL on My Wardrobe - can't remember how much it was but I remember thinking, "Christ almighty! That's an effing good price!".

Oh lawd...800? Im buying the merton mac this weekend I think and thats 400 and a trench. Thats the most id spend on a jacket now. Just cant afford it. But I walk to work every day and the noreasters (the last two days) require a decent trench. So the cost is justifiable.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, they are releasing more of them, and I've recently been notified that I can preorder one in the next couple of days. Problem is I can't try them on, because it's a preorder. I'd describe my build as lean but athletic (I do a bit of lifting and running), I think (read: hope) they fit like the originals. For clarification - you'd recommend a medium? I'm not planning to layer a ton, but I was wanting to have it fit well over a simple sweater and shirt two layer (as I guess I'll mostly be wearing it in cooler weather). Thanks for helping a guy out. I'd have no idea about the sizing without some useful advice.

For reference I'm 5'7, 140lbs with a 38" chest and Ive tried a medium of it with just a tshirt on and it just a little too big for me. Other people would have probably been fine with the fit but i like things to fit slim.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For reference I'm 5'7, 140lbs with a 38" chest and Ive tried a medium of it with just a tshirt on and it just a little too big for me. Other people would have probably been fine with the fit but i like things to fit slim.

140 lbs with a 38 inch chest? Not hating but you either have a very low bf or this is not possible.

private eyes

Reaction score
im 5`9 145 lbs , 36 chest, and I can't wear anything but a XS in most Barbour jackets.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How is it not possible? Im actually 141 lbs right now according to my scale.

Because im 160ish lbs with a 38 inch chest and also 5'8" and still toss weight around for my size. 20 less lbs with the same size chest when im pushing weight doesnt make sense.

I wasnt questioning ur weight as much as I was questioning ur chest size.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went up to the Warehouse sale this morning. Got there about an hour after it opened and i was told there were people waiting outside since 7am. Customers were limited to 12 items per person. Review:

-Boxes and boxes of button up shirts for $10, sweaters for between $10 and $25
-tons of size small/medium/XL/XXL quilted/nylon S/S jackets. a few waxed ones mixed in but not an over abundance. all jackets were between $50 and $150. a few Tokito and McQueen jackets were to be found in there
-4 or 5 20 foot racks of size large coats. alot of waxed in there, mostly because Barbour samples are size large.
-3 long racks of Bedales and Beauforts in every size and color, all marked at $250
-womens jackets a plenty but i didnt look at them really
-alot of footwear. dozens of boxes of BarbourXRockport boots/shoes for $25 a pair
-some bags but most of them looked like they had been cleared out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads