1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. mbrokerny

mbrokerny Senior member

Ive done a bunch of research and it looks like a number of pieces from their new collections are cut slimmer, the Ashby is a slim Bedale and the Pendennis is the slimmer Bristol.

Does anybody have any experience with just how much slimmer they are?

That summer bicycle jacket is awesome but not in the budget.

edit- ive found the Corbridge, i really like it but cannot find the pit-pit measurement anywhere online. The Barbour side has the following measurements:
    Back Length (CM) Sleeve Length (CM) Chest (CM)
    S 79 84.5 101.5
    http://www.barbourbymail.co.uk/Mens-Barbour-Corbridge-Waxed-Jacket.html

Can i divide the chest by 2 and get the pit-to-pit measurement?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

The Tokito driving jacket is so great. I have a medium that i need to swap out for a small

3. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

opening ceremony has tokito stuff on sale, just FYI.

4. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Barbour outlet has a shit ton of waxed jackets in most of the classic styles right now (Bedale, Beaufort, Durham, Longhurst, International, etc). All sizes, mens and womens. Everything is $250. If anyone needs a proxy let me know.

5. Blacula

Blacula Member

I've been looking for a new winter coat, all my old jackets are too big on me now. I have pretty much settled on getting a Barbour jacket. I have been eyeing the Chelsea Quilted or the Lundy, what is the general opinion on those two? I was probably going to check out some of them at a local Orvis if they even carry them in store. I am pretty open to suggestions for another style.

6. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

I just ordered the Moreston shirt/jacket from Barbour's Heritage line. It has a more diamond-shaped quilting and cotton fabric. Haven't seen it yet in person but I'm hopeful it will be a go-to Fall layering item for years to come. The Heritage Fit Liddesdale looks quite nice too.

7. Blacula

Blacula Member

I went into that local Orvis store not too long ago and ended up picking up a Gamefair jacket in rustic instead. Glad I went into a place to check them out, because I like this thing much better. Should be interesting to see how this things fades and wears in over the years.

8. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

Can anyone offer any advice on the thickness of the liners? I'm debating between the quilted and the pile, and I don't have anywhere nearby to see them in person before I order. Thanks.

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

A quick question on care for my International.

Picked it up over a year ago on the boards from another member. It would seem to me as it's time for a rewaxing, inasmuch as it's lost the original smell, and the finish is starting to look rather dull. How do I go about doing this, short of mailing my jacket overseas to have it done at their factory? Would they even honor that sort of thing given that I bought it secondhand? Anyone have experiences with care that could relate some advice on the waxed jackets?

I already know its essentially impossible to clean with water, so...

10. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

11. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

1 person likes this.
  12. hxh_killua

hxh_killua Senior member

What is a good place to pick up a Barbour jacket or a place to keep an eye out for deals? I reside in Toronto so any local stores suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  13. Weeb

Weeb Member

For anyone in the New England area, the Barbour distributing center for all of North America is in the sleepy small town of Milford, New Hampshire. If you go there, they've got an outlet store where you can find really good Barbour stuff for up to 75% off the original price. I've been a couple times and recently picked up a Classic Bedale in olive for $50. The only reason it was there was a couple minor discolorations on the front that you hardly notice, otherwise it was in perfect condition. I know they have an annual sale around Thanksgiving too, so if you can make the trip, you should be able to find something for a better price than pretty much anywhere else.

14. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Theres also the outlet in Kittery Maine which is alot bigger and has a decent selection

15. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Wow that's a crazy price for a bedale. If you have time, can you post a pic of the "discoloration."

16. Weeb

Weeb Member

They were similar to the one in Post #39, but only above the front right pocket and on the lower right pouch. They went away after I waxed it.

17. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

you guys need to proxy! if you ever come across the original international in black size 34 hit me up!!!

18. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

19. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I sold one about 3 weeks ago! Ill see if theres another. I offered to proxy from the Outlet before but people didnt like the prices of the jackets

20. hxh_killua

hxh_killua Senior member

:\ I've been looking for the Cavendish in Small, but no such luck online without costing an arm and a leg.