1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

barbour > belstaff in everyway

so belstaff spends ridiculous amounts on advertisement through film.

2. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Barbour would never do that.

Barbour Tokito.
    [​IMG]

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Shoot. I'd buy one now.

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

You guys forgot the Billy Reid "Bond edition" peacoat. They sold out the first pre-order run, so they made another "exclusive".

5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I have one and its pimp. I heartily recommend...

6. Guus

Guus Senior member

Awwweeee Yeeeaaahhhhh, my classic Bedale came in this morning. With this Hurricane coming in, I'm at home with my sweat pants on and hoodie, so it feels like Christmas morning! I ordered a 36 and it feels like a medium (Comparing it to my North Face). I like the contrast of the brass zipper with the green, and the entire jacket looks hand sewn, which is a nice thing.

I have a couple of questions for you more experienced Barbour owners. One, what do you do about the hoodie? I attached it but it doesn't feel as secure as a zip on does. Will it come off easily? Second is about the wax. I can feel it on hand, like its rubbing on. Isn't making a mess but will it get on my other cloths in the closet and ruin them?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  7. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

The hood is a bit of a pain in the ass sometimes. Ive had my hood literally blown off my jacket once while I was in Iceland and almost lost it over a 200 foot seacliff. I know people who have hot glued their hood onto their jacket but thats kind of drastic.
    About the wax, you will probably want to not keep it next to anything in your closet without something in between or a garment bag.

8. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

If you are worried about the hood blowing off, just take it to a tailor and have better attachments added. I would rather have had a zipper personally.

9. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

Planning on getting a bedale or ashby. I would either get a size 34 bedale or S ashby. Anyone have recommendations? I am especially worried about sleeve length because I usually wear a 24-24.5inch sleeve length shirt.

10. yosamuel

yosamuel Member

I chose the small Ashby over the 34" Bedale—the Bedale was too boxy on me (I’m 5'7") but the Ashby fitted well. They’re supposed to be short jackets, but on me it fits more like the Beaufort might on someone a little taller, which I like.

With regards to sleeve length, they are slightly too long but I have found that rolling back the cuffs (they’re lined in corduroy) is a nice length (shorter than my shirt sleeves, and the right length for putting in the hand-warmer pockets).

11. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

When you guys take TTS/size down one, are you talking in relation to your suit size or your true chest measurement?

I measure a 35-36" chest, and take a 34s suit. Ordered a 32 Bedale from NRO... Wondering if I maybe should have gone for a 34 instead. Not planning on wearing over more than one or two layers though.

12. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

I am 40R in most suiting, 40 Beaufort. I can wear a jacket/suit underneath it, or wear a couple of layers. Fits fine. Your Bedale will be shorter, so that a suit underneath might look a bit odd. Beaufort juuust about covers a suit, doesn't look quite as goofy as a suit/Bedale combo.

13. gskr

gskr New Member

i'm 6'3" 175 lbs and i want to order a sapper this week. can anyone tell me if i should get a medium or a large? or better yet, might someone have measurements of either of these sizes?

thanks very much

14. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Sounds like sizing down to a 32 is the right call for me then.

15. Reality

Reality Member

Some more pics of the Barbour To Ki To Sports Jacket
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

They've got measurements here.
    http://www.barbourbymail.co.uk/Barbour-Sapper-Jacket.html

17. eseanyang

eseanyang Senior member

Anyone know where I can get an olive ashby in small? Seem to be sold out everywhere.

18. gskr

gskr New Member

19. Guus

Guus Senior member

I heard the sapper has a contemporary fit. So i would guess, if you like how must modern mediums fit then get that size.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  20. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Are these in stock anywhere at a decent price? Looking for an XL.