• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took my Beacon jacket out elk hunting last week and it served me well as I was able to stalk a herd within 80 yards and make the shot.

never would’ve imagined using my Barbour for big game hunting but it kept the elements and cold at bay along with my other layers.
well, that’s what they’re made for! Unfortunately, it’s been lost to the ages and now we have the Ashby...

CP1301

Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone please help me identify the model/style of this Barbour jacket? height of person wearing it is 185-190cm

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone please help me identify the model/style of this Barbour jacket? height of person wearing it is 185-190cm
Most likely a Bedale judging by those cuffs.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm getting a Barbour Beadnell for my daughter this year and got a Bedale for my son a few years ago. Thinking of one for myself but trying to clear up what the different models are.

Am I correct here? @Purplelabel

Bedale - classic "standard issue" Barbour right out of Central Casting.

Beaufort - a long Bedale but basically the same.

Ashby - a tailored version that folks here seem to sneer at.

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a Barbour Beadnell for my daughter this year and got a Bedale for my son a few years ago. Thinking of one for myself but trying to clear up what the different models are.

Am I correct here?

Sounds about right. I threw my Ashby away after @Purplelabel made so much fun of me 😭

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How have I missed this thread? Or perhaps I haven't but have forgotten (happens at age 71). From now until some time in May I practically live in my Beaufort -- at least when out and about -- here in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest.

I have a newer one but my favorite is a rather old one that smells like a tent. It's what I remember from childhood. I am told to leave it in the garden garage or potting shed.

Reaction score
Is there a quilted model that’s a bit roomier than the Liddesdale? Love it in a XXL, but could be a little wider in the shoulders.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a quilted model that’s a bit roomier than the Liddesdale? Love it in a XXL, but could be a little wider in the shoulders.
Not unless you sacrifice the traditional look. Could try a Classic Eskdale ?

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Am I correct here? @Purplelabel

In addition to being slightly longer (a plus for me) the Beaufort has the “poucher’s pouch” in the rear. I store my (not included) detachable hood there. The Beale does not. The Bedale has snaps at the bottom to turn it into a flap, like a double vent suit jacket. The Beaufort has Velcro fastening twisters in the sleeves; the Bedale does not.

some of the above differences relate to the Bedale being designed with riding in mind and the Beaufort for shooting.

Featured Sponsor

VOTE: Layering Friday Challenge

• @gerry nelson

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • @xeoniq

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • @Tar Heel

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • @monkey66

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • @Alocin

Votes: 5 8.9%