• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the Ashby is cut like a blazer in a way. Very close to the body and flared with dual exhausts.

it’s a great looking coat, just runs pretty hot due to the polyester sleeves.Those brass buttons look like shit in my opinion though.
Ah that all sounds truly miserable to me (the blazer-like fit, the polyester sleeves, the brass buttons) but more power to people who enjoy theirs.

I also very much dislike Sylkoil FWIW, so my opinion can be taken with a grain of salt.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah that all sounds truly miserable to me (the blazer-like fit, the polyester sleeves, the brass buttons) but more power to people who enjoy theirs.

I also very much dislike Sylkoil FWIW, so my opinion can be taken with a grain of salt.
I’ve had so many Barbours, well Over 100 and the ones I wear the most are modern cut. Tokito and my Pantone x Barbour quilt. Followed by Beaufort.

though I know a guy who won’t touch anything with a royal warrant.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
Navy Brobel from House of Fraser being delivered on Friday. Pics to follow. I managed to knock off my third Barbour and third Harrington combined in one jacket.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
the Ashby is cut like a blazer in a way. Very close to the body and flared with dual exhausts.

it’s a great looking coat, just runs pretty hot due to the polyester sleeves.Those brass buttons look like shit in my opinion though.
I have the Barbour x Land Rover Runal with the same fit and construction. The jacket is cut like an English blazer with high armholes. I like it and think it makes a great alternative to my Border. I hate the plastic/polyester sleeve linings though which just amplify a Barbour's natural tendency to lock in the body's moisture. Any thoughts on whether a good tailor (I'm sure Barbour wouldn't do it) would be able to replace those linings with something more natural?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Barbour x Land Rover Runal with the same fit and construction. The jacket is cut like an English blazer with high armholes. I like it and think it makes a great alternative to my Border. I hate the plastic/polyester sleeve linings though which just amplify a Barbour's natural tendency to lock in the body's moisture. Any thoughts on whether a good tailor (I'm sure Barbour wouldn't do it) would be able to replace those linings with something more natural?
barbour have been known to replace the linings in the sleeves.Worth giving them a call.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
barbour have been known to replace the linings in the sleeves.Worth giving them a call.
Thanks, I wouldn't have thought they would. I'm sending it to them this Summer anyways to shorten the sleeves. If I could get it all done in one swoop, the jacket will become damn near perfect.

Duke Santos

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this jacket? I'm considering purchasing it but for the price tag of $950, I'm a bit hesitant. Thoughts?
My personal feeling is that I'd never pay that for a Barbour. Not when the made in the UK legacy coats (Bedale, Border and Beaufort) are available for less than half that.

marinemustang

Reaction score
I'd rather pick something up from PWVC like their twin track at that price
Thank you. I'm far from a Barbour expert as I've only owned one for about a year and a half. When I saw this particular jacket on the rack last week, it immediately caught my eye. The finish, design,fit,etc.were all very appealing. But...that price tag was a kick to the gut!

marinemustang

Reaction score
My personal feeling is that I'd never pay that for a Barbour. Not when the made in the UK legacy coats (Bedale, Border and Beaufort) are available for less than half that.
Good points. The Gold Standard Corbridge has a nice slim fit ( not boxy at all). I'll have to check out the ones you mentioned. Any reputable websites you'd suggest?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm far from a Barbour expert as I've only owned one for about a year and a half. When I saw this particular jacket on the rack last week, it immediately caught my eye. The finish, design,fit,etc.were all very appealing. But...that price tag was a kick to the gut!
I quite like it as well, but not at $950. Check out End Clothing for discounts on Barbour right now

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.