• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

68Bullitt

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll probably need a XL though. I see the Beacon is very similar, just without a hood. That's the main thing I like about it :(
You may want to look into Barbour's new Gold Standard collection as they've released the "Supa Commander" which includes the hood.

classicalthunde

Reaction score
question for the crowd here: how often do you get your jacket re-waxed? especially if you want to build up some patina/character...

hpreston

Reaction score
I try to do it annually in late summer early fall so it is ready for fall/winter. Sometimes, I skip a year, but I can tell by the end of the second winter that the rain repellent properties are almost nil.

fushaw

Reaction score
Finally Barbour weather. Got to wear my new Dalkeith yesterday
Every time I start to think it's getting to Barbour weather in Utah, we get another week of 70's weather...

Surely fall and winter will come soon enough

inTROYspection

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a quick run down on the essential differences between the Classic Beaufort and the Bristol?

derum

Reaction score
I bought a sapper in 2015 in the sale at Barbour Regent Street. It has leather trim and no hood. I was Interested in finding out why thus sapper had no hood, so wrote to Barbour customer service. They confirmed that they update their range every 6 months, and that there have been various sapper jackets manufactured over the years, in different fabrics and styles. They confirmed that my jacket was part of their autumn/winter 2014 collection and has been discontinued.
It’s a great jacket, love wearing it in the few brief days I get to here.

Good to know that you can find out the age and details of your jacket by sending Barbour the style code of your jacket.
Kudos to Barbour customer service.

shrink1061

Reaction score
Today my trusty Bedale comes back from a minor repair at the tailors. I’ll be attempting to re-wax it tonight ahead of a trip to Skye. I’d have sent it away but left it too late, and with covid I don’t know how long I’d be without it!

how hard can it be... right?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami