• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I hope you can help me out. I recently purchased a Classic Bedale in olive color, size 42" on a website. My actual chest size is 45". I'm not sure if I did the right thing. I just want to wear it with a sweater and I don't want it too loose. For some reason a 44", according to the size guide, seems too big.

hurrella

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and I hope you can help me out. I recently purchased a Classic Bedale in olive color, size 42" on a website. My actual chest size is 45". I'm not sure if I did the right thing. I just want to wear it with a sweater and I don't want it too loose. For some reason a 44", according to the size guide, seems too big.
Some say to go true to size, but I personally prefer to size down from a 42 to a 40 with classic Barbour. You should hopefully still have room for a sweater whilst having a nicely fitting, slightly trim Barbour!

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You’ll be fine with the 42.

jpoww

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone have experience with the International SL Jacket.

I have a 40 inch chest. It says take your normal size, which is a medium for me. The model in the picture has a 37 inch chest and is wearing a medium. Not sure if it will be too tight. Any sizing help would be great.

Thanks

Reaction score
How do you deal with your wax Barbours when they get smelly? Is the Otter Wax anti odor spray suitable for Barbour?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you deal with your wax Barbours when they get smelly? Is the Otter Wax anti odor spray suitable for Barbour?
White Vinegar and water spray for me.

Reaction score
Chest size 45,5 and can confirm that a 42" fits perfectly, I just got a Bedale today. But one thing that bothers me is that the Classic Bedale I bought from Cox the Saddler is not made in England, or at least it doesn't have the label. It's weird because I thought Bedales were still made in England unlike the Ashbys. Now I understand why they are so "cheap", like 190 euros.

Cennydd

Reaction score
Chest size 45,5 and can confirm that a 42" fits perfectly, I just got a Bedale today. But one thing that bothers me is that the Classic Bedale I bought from Cox the Saddler is not made in England, or at least it doesn't have the label. It's weird because I thought Bedales were still made in England unlike the Ashbys. Now I understand why they are so "cheap", like 190 euros.

I am a bit concerned and disappointed too. I thought all of the classics were still made in England.

fushaw

Reaction score
I am a bit concerned and disappointed too. I thought all of the classics were still made in England.
I have the Beacon jacket and it doesn't mention where it's made. So i'm guessing not in England. IDK though. Can't find much info online.

It looks like the standard Beaufort and Bedale are made in England though

Reaction score
I have the Beacon jacket and it doesn't mention where it's made. So i'm guessing not in England. IDK though. Can't find much info online.

It looks like the standard Beaufort and Bedale are made in England though
My Bedale doesn't have the Made in England tag. I asked to the seller and even her didn't know what to say.

I'm afraid the Bedale model is the new Ashby now.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's