• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

funkygroove

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Barbour White Label? Like what they have on Mr P? Are those items similar in quality to the mainline?

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if their alterations/repairs operations are open yet? I’m in North America and need some Ashby sleeves shortened. They don’t make me sweat, but they’re too long.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mostly just joking around. The Ashby was a great idea, poorly executed. A longer, slimmer Bedale would be awesome. The Ashby’s sweaty sleeves are horrible and the buttons look silly, to me. If you can get past that, it’s a good deal and has a nice profile.
Hi Justin. What is the more breathable sleeve lining in the Bedale and Beaufort jackets?

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which Barbour jackets are made in England? Is the Beaufort still made in England? Can't find any info. online.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The last few collaborations I’ve gotten were made in England. Hikerdelic and Engineered Garments.

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
Barbour aficionados,

I imagine versions of this question may have been posted previously...so please forgive if redundant. I couldn't find opinions on this on quick search of the thread. :hide:

I have a beloved ≈10yr old Beaufort in Navy. I wear the jacket heavily (w or w/o lining) during the damp chill of NYC "winters." I have had it reproofed (I'm lazy, I know) 2-3 times with NE Reproofers (did a great job) with some small patches to areas of wear in the tartan lining. I noticed some tears in the jacket this past year so I sent it in to Barbour USA for reproofing and repair estimate - quoted verbatim below. Even though I was cautioned that repairs can get pricey I was a bit surprised at the $630 repair (not incl. $50 reproofing and $20 S&H).

So the question is...would YOU repair this bad boy? Yes, I can afford to do so (although I'm trying to be somewhat frugal), and yes I do have a sentimental attachment to the jacket...but...for ≈ the price of a new coat and then some? I'm unsure how to proceed. I understand this is a qualitative judgement, and the variation in color with the repairs I've seen is definitely a cool look that I would go for.

Curious as to anyone's thoughts. Thanks for reading this lengthy post.

Rewax $50.00
Repair bottom right lining $25.00
Repair bottom left lining $25.00
Repair bottom center lining $25.00
Bind bottom hem in cotton $40.00
Adjust and bind cuffs in cotton $55.00
Patch collar $25.00
Small back repair $30.00
Patch right shoulder $25.00
Large patch both sleeves $100.00
Small repair left front $30.00
Medium repair right front $45.00
Bind handwarmer pockets with cotton $55.00
Replace bellow pockets $150.00
Shipping $20.00

Total $700.00

Mercurio

Reaction score
Barbour aficionados,

I imagine versions of this question may have been posted previously...so please forgive if redundant. I couldn't find opinions on this on quick search of the thread. :hide:

I have a beloved ≈10yr old Beaufort in Navy. I wear the jacket heavily (w or w/o lining) during the damp chill of NYC "winters." I have had it reproofed (I'm lazy, I know) 2-3 times with NE Reproofers (did a great job) with some small patches to areas of wear in the tartan lining. I noticed some tears in the jacket this past year so I sent it in to Barbour USA for reproofing and repair estimate - quoted verbatim below. Even though I was cautioned that repairs can get pricey I was a bit surprised at the $630 repair (not incl. $50 reproofing and $20 S&H).

So the question is...would YOU repair this bad boy? Yes, I can afford to do so (although I'm trying to be somewhat frugal), and yes I do have a sentimental attachment to the jacket...but...for ≈ the price of a new coat and then some? I'm unsure how to proceed. I understand this is a qualitative judgement, and the variation in color with the repairs I've seen is definitely a cool look that I would go for.

Curious as to anyone's thoughts. Thanks for reading this lengthy post.

Rewax $50.00
Repair bottom right lining $25.00
Repair bottom left lining $25.00
Repair bottom center lining $25.00
Bind bottom hem in cotton $40.00
Adjust and bind cuffs in cotton $55.00
Patch collar $25.00
Small back repair $30.00
Patch right shoulder $25.00
Large patch both sleeves $100.00
Small repair left front $30.00
Medium repair right front $45.00
Bind handwarmer pockets with cotton $55.00
Replace bellow pockets $150.00
Shipping $20.00

Total $700.00
Personally, the only reason to pay $700.00 to repair a Beaufort would be your incredible sentimental attachment to that jacket, as you can get a brand new one for less than half that price.

Really, you must have an extreme blind love for that Beaufort...

RuleOfRescue

Reaction score
You may be right, but ignore that an old worn Barbour is much better than new, especially when well-repaired IMHO.

Mercurio

Reaction score
You may be right, but ignore that an old worn Barbour is much better than new, especially when well-repaired IMHO.
It's your money and your jacket, so you can do as you wish, but as you asked for "anyone's thoughts", that is what I wrote: I wouldn't pay that much for an "old worn Barbour" even though is well-repaired, but I understand what you mean.

By the way, I own as well a navy Beaufort that I care, but my love for it isn't that great...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.