• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

hpreston

Reaction score
Here’s my 15ish year old Beaufort. Time for a new one or does she still have some life left?
Curious why you repaired it with camo fabric vice something closer to the original waxed cotton?

Looks like it has plenty of life left. Were it mine, I would send to Barbour to have it repaired, restored and rewaxed by the manufacturer.

reidd

Reaction score
Curious why you repaired it with camo fabric vice something closer to the original waxed cotton?

Looks like it has plenty of life left. Were it mine, I would send to Barbour to have it repaired, restored and rewaxed by the manufacturer.
My mother is actually a (semi) professional seamstress so the price was right for this particular mend. She happened to have this camo fabric and I just thought it would give it a cool look. If I get her to patch it up a bit more, i might use a different cloth this time around and in fact will probably have to because I don't think she has any more of that camo. I like the idea of a patchwork mended, beat up Barbour. I'll post pics if I can convince her to do some more work on it (the baker's son has to beg for bread!).

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
The jacket Prince Charles is wearing is a John Partridge, not a Barbour.

JMBNaples

Reaction score
For those with Ashby sweaty sleeve issues like i do - Barbour responded to my inquiry. For a fee they will replace the plastic sleeve liners with the same fabric as the rest of the liner.

Odradek

Reaction score
This morning I thrifted a Beaufort jacket and it looks and fits great.
One odd thing though, it has no zipper for a liner vest. No extra zipper.
Is this normal ?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning I thrifted a Beaufort jacket and it looks and fits great.
One odd thing though, it has no zipper for a liner vest. No extra zipper.
Is this normal ?
If it’s an old one then yes. It should have poppers for the snap in liners.

reidd

Reaction score
The jacket Prince Charles is wearing is a John Partridge, not a Barbour.
Thanks. Yes I could tell it wasn't a Barbour from the photo but I wasn't sure what brand it was. After taking a look, the Partridge jackets do look really good as well. Might have to get one.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.