• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

ndmiller

Reaction score
Snagged a Classic Bedale and Zip-In liner with a few coupon codes from Bloomingdales.....3 Days out.
Classic Bedale just wasn't me. Trying a Peregine Waxed Bexley (family owned and operated brand with over 220 years of experience manufacturing clothes in the UK.). I know it's not Barbour, but it's from the UK.....

1580940030455.png

paxonus

Reaction score
Just placed an order for Beaufort Classic from Cox the Saddler. Price including shipping to USA came to about $232.00.

JMBNaples

Reaction score
i own an Ashby jacket. I live in florida and wear it when it is cool. I have noticed a few times that the sleeves get wet with wear. Not from the rain - but from sweat. I was traveling up north and wore it in real cold. This time the sleeves got real wet. No rain involved. Just wearing outside in the dry cold.

do other people have this issue? It seems like a real problem for a jacket to build up water like that.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i own an Ashby jacket. I live in florida and wear it when it is cool. I have noticed a few times that the sleeves get wet with wear. Not from the rain - but from sweat. I was traveling up north and wore it in real cold. This time the sleeves got real wet. No rain involved. Just wearing outside in the dry cold.

do other people have this issue? It seems like a real problem for a jacket to build up water like that.
Yep. The stupid plastic sleeves are a constant issue.

JMBNaples

Reaction score
Wow. Very disappointing. I was wearing a thin north face underneath it and it was soaked.

Alexidb

Reaction score
When I see people biking in a Barbour in New England on a dry day i always wonder how they’re not drowning in sweat.

JMBNaples

Reaction score
How does it actually get so wet In the sleeves? It was very cold. And was certainly not sweating?

Alexidb

Reaction score
How does it actually get so wet In the sleeves? It was very cold. And was certainly not sweating?
You sweat in the cold even if you don’t realize it. Your body is constantly giving off moisture.

JMBNaples

Reaction score
Any cold weather residents have any secrets to address this?
this honestly seems like a fatal flaw - maybe a “time to sell” sort of flaw

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There have been a few folks here questioning the cost of having a tailor upgrade the sleeve lining, but honestly I’d agree that it’s time to sell and get a Beaufort or Bedale.

JMBNaples

Reaction score
Nope. This is disqualifying. If this jacket does this, this company is done. Never again. This is ridiculous. I emailed the company just to see what they say. I will share. And I did read some reviews before I bought. Did not see this mentioned.

Who

Reaction score
I am looking for some tips about high condensation on Barbour Jackets.
Why this happens?
Nope. This is disqualifying. If this jacket does this, this company is done. Never again. This is ridiculous. I emailed the company just to see what they say. I will share. And I did read some reviews before I bought. Did not see this mentioned.
I asked here and emailed Barbour customer care about sleeve condensation on my Beaufort SL and got no response.
Also went to an official Barbour store and they look at me as I have made a stupid question.
They told me that nobody asked anything about this and if Barbour were conscious about this problem they solved it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 87 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 31.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 144 28.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 58 11.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 26 5.2%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%