1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

If I have been a 40R in Beauforts my entire life, but had to size up to Large for the down waxed gilet vest as it ran small, what approximate Tokito size would I be? Want the Sporting Quilt.

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I have the waxed gilet vest in a large but had to size up to an xl for the To Ki To sports jacket.

3. RicPac

RicPac Senior member

went to barbour today in soho and tried on the bedale, beaufort and sapper. love the bedale and sapper but the soho location doesnt carry the sapper in olive. so i might be getting the bedale

4. jguyette

jguyette Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a little help with Ashby sizing. I wear a 42 suit, but I have long-ish arms. On a sportcoat, for instance, I need an outside sleeve measurement of around 26.5"
    For an Ashby, should I be looking for a M or a L? I'm leaning toward the large. I'd like it to fit me, but I need my wrists covered, too.
    Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere to try one on.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

5. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

Where's the cheapest place to get a bedale?

6. Imyouricecreamman

Imyouricecreamman Senior member

X-Post from Waywt. Love this jacket!

[​IMG]

7. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

just received this email from Barbour:

Good morning … If you, a family member, or a friend owns a Barbour wax jacket, here’s an offer you cannot refuse. Receive a complimentary reproofing of your Barbour wax jacket at the Barbour Boston Newbury Street store on Saturday, November 3rd, 10:00a to 7:00p.

Take a minute and look around the store … their AW12 men’s and women’s collections offer a variety of fresh new looks and colors. And, if you find a new Barbour jacket to purchase while your old one is getting its facelift ... you’ll get $50.00 off that new jacket! What a deal, right?

NOTE: All Barbour’s retail stores will be offering this same service and discount, starting this weekend at their Madison Street store in New York. If anyone is interested in knowing other Barbour retail store locations and reproofing dates, please contact someone on the Barbour team.

Thank you.

8. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Darn, still not an owner of a waxed jacket yet.

9. irbe

irbe Senior member

Thanks. Will see if I can grab during sale season. I still don't have a wax outer garment

10. husbands

husbands Senior member

[​IMG]

My NRO order finally came in. bedale. the fit is perfect and it's made in UK. worth $225 shipped, but the wait was really annoying.

11. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

Nice to see some decent fits above. I'll play with a fit of my old 'single crest' A7, worn TTS (44) and belted across the back:

[​IMG]

12. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Thanks for the heads up. My flyweight Sapper got a workout today in the Boston area. I'm nearing the one yr mark so I don't really need a rewaxing just yet.

13. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

As I mentioned at sufu, that jacket is sick...and fits perfectly!

14. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

RE: the complimentary re-proofing & sale events coming up at Barbour stores, I realized that I'd be out of town on Nov 3 for the Boston event. The store informed me that I could drop off my jacket before the 3rd and they would send it to NH for a free re-waxing and return it to me within 2 weeks. I inquired about dropping it off on the 2nd and picking it up the following week. They are happy to provide the service free of charge but the events are very well attended and subsequent wait times can be lengthy.

Thx again zazaza for the heads up!

Lastly, I picked up a kids Sapper for my 9 y/o son yesterday. He loves it! He wore it all afternoon yesterday in the house and repeatedly asked if he could wear it to church today. First time I've ever seen him happy to see the rain.

Kittery outlet had Beaufort & Sapper kids jackets marked down 30% off lowest ticketed price. It ended up at $92. Kids Beaufort was the same price or a couple bucks more. He chose the Sapper (perhaps because Dad has one :) ).

15. JosephD

JosephD Well-Known Member

I ordered one from NRO for $225 and got it in about 2 weeks, which I was pretty relieved about. After I ordered it I looked at some reviews for the place and they were pretty distressing. Jacket is legit though and got a great price so it was definitely worth it.

16. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Coolest looking (and driest) 4th grader in town. Per my post above, it's the standard Sapper so it has a bit of insulation unlike my Flyweight Sapper. The only other significant difference from my lightweight version is that it doesn't have an internal drawstring around the waist. Without them, it's a fairly boxy cut. My son doesn't really care.

I picked up a couple waxed caps a few weeks ago at the Kittery outlet as well. They only had smalls in stock so I got a green one for him and a sandstone version for my wife. I can't remember if they were were $10 each or $10 for the pair. It was during their recent 50% sale. Either way, they were a great buy.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I've never really seen young Jack all that excited over an item of clothing and it warms my heart to see him happy about it :) My wife still thinks $90 is too much for a jacket that he'll outgrow it in a year. However, we have a great network of hand-me-down recipients and donors so it will live a long life. I'll see it around town on multiple friend's kids for the next 5 years :)

1 person likes this.
  17. private eyes

private eyes Senior member

I recently went into a Barbour store to try on some jackets. The liddesdale I need a XXS in which seems crazy to me . The akenside was really nice and I fit a small in that. The ariel was my favorite because its slim fitting and shorter than the rest. The best part is, after emailing Barbour, the youth XL is basically the same cut as the adult S just slightly shorter, which is perfect for me, and also the youth sized jackets are a good amount cheaper.

on that note, Ill be ordering a youth ariel , but should I get an enfield :
    [​IMG]
    or red international ?
    [​IMG]

18. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

What is your normal size and height? I never thought about trying the youth sizes but that may be an option. I'm a typical 36S at 5'4".

19. private eyes

private eyes Senior member

you could most likely fit a youth , if I can . Im 5`8 140lbs , 36 also. Look at a size chart, if you can fit a XS in adults , you can fit a youth too.

20. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member