• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many of you use the snap-in hood?

I have a Gordon tartan jacket and a hood with the new pattern tartan. The OCD side of me wants to change it for a matching tartan but I’m not sure I’ll like it hanging off the jacket or if I should worry about tartan matching.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a Gordon tartan jacket and a hood with the new pattern tartan. The OCD side of me wants to change it for a matching tartan but I’m not sure I’ll like it hanging off the jacket or if I should worry about tartan matching.
Hoods are for wimps.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grrrrrr .... is a waxed jacket considered an anorak??

Not sure, but I thought anorak was just French for jacket...., but then again, why would Americans go through the trouble of making the distinction so maybe @Purplelabel is right.
I wouldn't say so, anoraks are pullover hooded jackets with a kangaroo pouch.
I may have to buy one of these at some point.

For some reason I thought you were English, so didn't think this would affect you. I didn't get a chance to read the article though because I've run out of free articles for the month, but assumed this article is referencing imports into the U.S.and didn't affect you.

I've got one that matches the Tartan on my Beaufort, but most of the time it sits in my game pocket, because I usually have a hat.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but I thought anorak was just French for jacket...., but then again, why would Americans go through the trouble of making the distinction so maybe @Purplelabel is right.

For some reason I thought you were English, so didn't think this would affect you. I didn't get a chance to read the article though because I've run out of free articles for the month, but assumed this article is referencing imports into the U.S.and didn't affect you.

I've got one that matches the Tartan on my Beaufort, but most of the time it sits in my game pocket, because I usually have a hat.
Yep! English and proud!

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can usually just delete cookies from nytimes and it'll reset your free article count.

The other referenced Barbour page for the Ben Fogle Keskwick jacket won't work for USAns because of Barbour's irritating geo restrictions.
Try this https://www.barbour.com/us/blog/wilderness-collection-ben-marina-fogle-aw19/ or this

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made an offer that was accepted on a Gordon tartan hood on eBay.

I'll be selling a NWOT sage hood as soon as I find time to list it here or ebay or whatever.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s now a customisation option on the Barbour website. This is a Beaufort I’d like to buy for fancy frolicking in the woods..

50DF6357-6515-41DE-BD31-057BB92F6A91.png

Attachments

K. Nights

Reaction score
Huh, that's pretty cool. Looks like it's only available in the UK. The US website doesn't have that option

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.