• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

hschrapel

Reaction score
I agree. Beaufort is great. I purchased the Olive but am trying to justify buying a Sage. Can't come to terms with the idea of owning both, but I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me pull the trigger

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got shipping notice that my Border is coming back from the Barbour repair shop. Fast turn-around!

I’m sorta in the same boat, @hschrapel I love the lined and hooded sage border out in the weather, but am wondering about a second jacket I can throw-on and jump in the car.

Of course, it’d also have to be sage ... and probably a Beaufort. And then I have two very similar jackets.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hschrapel

Reaction score
I just got shipping notice that my Border is coming back from the Barbour repair shop. Fast turn-around!

I’m sorta in the same boat, @hschrapel I love the lined and hooded sage border out in the weather, but am wondering about a second jacket I can throw-on and jump in the car.

Of course, it’d also have to be sage ... and probably a Beaufort. And then I have two very similar jackets.
My problem is that I love the beaufort, but I'm torn as to whether having two jackets, in two shades of green is just a silly financial decision. I don't know whether the two are different enough from one another to justify the purchase of the sage.

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My problem is that I love the beaufort, but I'm torn as to whether having two jackets, in two shades of green is just a silly financial decision. I don't know whether the two are different enough from one another to justify the purchase of the sage.
I understand, though many wouldn’t.

I’m definitely on Team Sage, fwiw. The contrast with the brown collar is superb and it won’t be confused with military surplus. That said, with a little age and patina, the difference really is pretty small.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Check out eBay! I’ve got about 6 Barbour’s and never paid over £80 or any one them, I picked up my bedale for £10 and it’s in such great condition.

I have 3 Beaforts now and they are my favourite all round

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pssst. Anyone want a deal on a C40 sage Bedale? Auction closes in about 10 hours and it’s still at $40 because it isn’t listed well.

Plough Jockey

Reaction score
Which model do you all find is most practical and easy to wear? Decisions, decisions
For me it depends a bit on the season and what I'm doing. I work on a farm and I have an unlined gamefair with a hood which I really like for it's lightness, if it's cold I add a down filled sleeveless body warmer under it.
If I'm going to town or want to simply dress things up a bit I wear a vintage black International, summer or winter. But my favourite Barbour is still my Northumbria.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.