• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I think am leaning towards the Beaufort. Are there any other differences apart from the material between the classic Beaufort and the regular Beaufort?
Fuzziness of the fabric (at least when it is new), country of manufacture (but not a quality difference and some exceptions to this) and colour choices (notably Sage versus Olive greens, plus a bunch of other colour choices).

IMO, the differences are minor (and not in quality) and people who don’t post on menswear forums wouldn’t notice any difference. That said, I personally dig the thornproof in sage for looking a bit more traditional in my mind and also a tad less military.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fuzziness of the fabric (at least when it is new), country of manufacture (but not a quality difference and some exceptions to this) and colour choices (notably Sage versus Olive greens, plus a bunch of other colour choices).

IMO, the differences are minor (and not in quality) and people who don’t post on menswear forums wouldn’t notice any difference. That said, I personally dig the thornproof in sage for looking a bit more traditional in my mind and also a tad less military.
Is Barbour no longer producing either the Classic olive or regular sage in England?

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Barbour no longer producing either the Classic olive or regular sage in England?
I was thinking the sylkoil jackets are not made in England, but on further thought and googling I might be getting them confused with the Bedales.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the sylkoil jackets are not made in England, but on further thought and googling I might be getting them confused with the Bedales.
Unless something has changed in the past couple years, that is not true. Barbour has always produced its Bedales and Beauforts, in both the Classic sylkoil and Original Thornproof finishes, in England.

Ashbys, Beadnells, and other Bedale-like models are commonly produced in Eastern Europe, though.

jayvee

Reaction score
Thanks all, I think it’s a black Beaufort for me the next time I have the chance to try one on. Bonus points that’s it’s still made in the homeland.

jayvee

Reaction score
One is navy one is green. Difficult to say what model, perhaps the Beaufort as they both look to have raglan sleeves and are a bit longer.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Can anyone gauge what colour this Beaufort is? The person selling it doesn't know, and I don't know where on the jacket would state what colour it is...

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

K. Nights

Reaction score
Which model do you all find is most practical and easy to wear? Decisions, decisions

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.