Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

I seem to remember there being one at the end of aug or sept of last year because I remember my wallet hating me for buying a laptop and a big bill from jcrew in the same month. So I would say soon. But like I said not 100% positive it will be part of the sale.

2. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has the To Ki To Spey Jacket in Black.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Thanks. Actually looking at a double breasted ludlow jacket.

4. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

the JCrew Barbour isn't too bad for the price, but the Barbour x Jack Spade retail for $700 is just way too much.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

thanks bro appreciate it :slayer:

tokito small is slightly big on me but it works and i love my bicycle jacket

tried on the JS jacket and the fit is great. the XS was fitted and love the details. then saw the price and wanted to LOL but the SA was trying real hard to schmooze me as if i had never heard of barbour before. also dislike the labeling but its not that bad i guess

6. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Totally agree. It could be worse, but it could be so much better. Then of course I'm not a fan of seeing "Barbour" sewn on a jacket pocket either.

7. aarice

aarice Active Member

I have a question for the Barbour experts out there: I was recently in London and went in to several of the Barbour stores where it seemed they carried only lines other than the classic line (i.e. heritage, McQueen, etc.). I just went into Orvis in the States yesterday, where they carry the Bedale and Beaufort, and I got the feeling that the two classic jackets are much better quality than those of the other lines. Are the other lines made in China while the Bedale and Beaufort are still made in England? Anyone know?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012

8. NickyEyes

NickyEyes Well-Known Member

Finally made it to the Barbour store in Philadelphia. Left with the Ariel jacket. I'm in love.

[​IMG]

Also a note, I thought it was almost laughable how I was a 'large' in the Steve McQueen collection at a whopping 5'10", 148 lbs.

9. petercoleman

petercoleman Active Member

Can that be right?? I'm 6'6" and tried on the Steve McQueen International in an XL and it seemed just right...

Also, aarice: I believe most of the collections, especially those that are priced higher than the traditional lines (like the Heritage and McQueen lines) are still made in England. Although I do have a nylon International that's made in Vietnam... All the jackets made in the UK should say so quite clearly on the inside.

10. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

The other day I talked to someone from Cooper & Stollbrand, the factory that used to manufacture Barbour jackets. He said Barbour had moved all their production to Asia a couple of years ago. Bedale and Beaufort jackets are proper outdoor clothing, worn by farmers, hunters, equestrians a.s.o, as opposed to other jackets that are produced with the urban gentleman or the fashion scene in mind. Therefore the traditional line might be of a tougher quality.

11. NickyEyes

NickyEyes Well-Known Member

i tried on the quilted in a M and it was way too tight, so I had to go up to a L. I didn't try on the international.

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Only the classic line is purely made in England, the other lines are made in a mixture of locations ( Europe as well as Asia). I wouldn't say there's much difference in quality from a wax jacket of the same weight made in any of the countries - you can't really compare a heavy weight wax jacket with a nylon one

13. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Anyone have a To Ki To Sporting Quilt?

14. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

The classic International is still made in the UK.

15. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Beauforts, Bedales, Border etc are all made in the UK. Leather jackets tend to be made in India, most of the bags are made in China. Some things are made in Vietnam and Bulgaria as well