• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
34398.jpg

This new release looks really good and looking at measurements, its clear Barbour is serious about making slim fitting coats/jackets.

danilo

Reaction score
I just got my international in size 36... I'd say I'm a true size 37.

Regardless, the arms are quite big, and I'm not a totally skinny dude, more athletic. But I'm probably going to have the arms tailored a bit as the jacket looks like it's two sizes too big on me. Other than that, it's a very handsome jacket.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
I just got my international in size 36... I'd say I'm a true size 37. Regardless, the arms are quite big, and I'm not a totally skinny dude, more athletic. But I'm probably going to have the arms tailored a bit as the jacket looks like it's two sizes too big on me. Other than that, it's a very handsome jacket.
How's it on your chest? I've been debating between a 36 and 38 (I'm a 39.5" chest) but haven't ever been able to try one on.

danilo

Reaction score
I think the 36 would be fine. It doesn't fit me tight at all.

Delilah72

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deputychino
nope, i would like to sell the size 42, but i have to wait 45 days before i can post in the for sale thread.

I got myself into this predicament due my neurotic nature. I was afraid if I didn't act fast I wouldn't be able to get one of these jackets. They made such a big deal about how they only made 75 of each style.

I ordered a size 44 in the distressed, realized it was going to be way too big. I contacted the store and they attempted to recall the package, but it was too late it was already on it's way. since the jacket was only produced in limited numbers they didn't have any 42s in stock. I managed to find another site that had a size 42 in the original green so i ordered that one. the 44 arrived and in order to get the fit that i wanted i knew i would need to size way down-either a 38 or a 40. i returned the 44 and had them send me the 38 in the distressed.

the size 42 was held up in customs, so it showed up like 2 days before the 38 got here. after the money i had to pay in shipping costs to get the 44 back to the UK I decided that I'd rather not return the 42 and just sell it either on ebay or on here.

I am looking to buy a size 42" Original Green Barbour 75th Anniversary Jacket. Do you still have the jacket? Let me know as I'm interested. Cheers.

david809

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ihatelucy
Cool, thanks. Whats your true chest size? I'm a 34 but I was thinking about getting a 32 bedale.

I would size down, I am 40 in the chest and have the Bedale in 38. Also, if you want slim and are not planning to wear anything heavy underneath, you might want to drop another size. I can fit a liner and a sweater under my 38.

deputychino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Delilah72
I am looking to buy a size 42" Original Green Barbour 75th Anniversary Jacket. Do you still have the jacket? Let me know as I'm interested. Cheers.

sent you a PM.

erbs

Reaction score
What's the sizing like on the Liddesdale jacket? If I wear a 40 in the Beaufort/Bedale, would I take a M?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erbs
What's the sizing like on the Liddesdale jacket? If I wear a 40 in the Beaufort/Bedale, would I take a M?

Pretty generous - you might find a small just big enough depending on the shoulder fit.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not huge on the idea of a pre-distressed Barbour....but that does look pretty good. I just bought myself a Bedale a few weeks ago...can't wait until it looks like that after a few season.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Not huge on the idea of a pre-distressed Barbour....but that does look pretty good. I just bought myself a Bedale a few weeks ago...can't wait until it looks like that after a few season.

yeah i agree. its like raw denim, i wanna distress it myself but that looks great above for price too!!!

Mbrand

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
How's it on your chest? I've been debating between a 36 and 38 (I'm a 39.5" chest) but haven't ever been able to try one on.

If you hesitate between 2 sizes in the international, it's safe to take the smaller one. I'm a 41 chest and a 40 fits me comfortably.

bigbjorn

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the BOC-to-bottom measurement on a 42 Intl? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads