1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JustinW

JustinW Distinguished Member

If the Bristol is basically just a slim Beaufort, why does it not get more love?

2. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

@JustinW no it’s zipped in fully. No flapping about, it’s done very well.

3. coolarrow

coolarrow Distinguished Member

Yea, they're pretty similar. I'm pretty sure that the Bristol is made in the 3rd world and the beaufort is made in england. They do it for other models as well. My bedale is made in UK and there is a comparable model whose name escapes me that is made in the 3rd world. I pay the premium for the UK stuff, but that's just me.

4. EdoubleD

EdoubleD Senior Member

The Ashby is the slimmer version of the bedale, which I presume is made outside the uk.

5. JustinW

JustinW Distinguished Member

I tried-on an Ashby, Bedale and Beaufort today. This thread was a tremendous help in knowing what features to look at in examining the difference. I really liked the Beaufort and may get one eventually, but the Ashby was the clear winner for now. Thanks, all! I just ordered one in olive(new) for $180.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 7:45 PM

6. Purplelabel

7. EdoubleD

EdoubleD Senior Member

8. Purplelabel

I’ll wait it out and find one on eBay for cheap as chips.