• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

seeldoger47

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Barbour makes, or has made, the Dept. B Commander Jacket in a Bulgaria? I’m looking at one, however, the tag says it’s made in Bulgaria, which doesn’t seem right.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Barbour makes, or has made, the Dept. B Commander Jacket in a Bulgaria? I’m looking at one, however, the tag says it’s made in Bulgaria, which doesn’t seem right.
A lot of Barbour jackets are made over seas,

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine was made in Bulgaria. It was from JCrew, if that makes any difference
20190314_052510~2.jpg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Plough Jockey

Reaction score
Awful green shirt as well, just sayin'. I don't think a navy Barbour ever looks right at all, just MHO.

As to the one time poster who complained about Barbour refusing to refurb his jacket, I find it's cheaper to buy a better used one on ebay than send it back to Barbour.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
The dude on the right in the Bedale looks ridiculous. Its way too small for him!
These guys are in a great band, they can wear whatever the damn well please :slayer:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awful green shirt as well, just sayin'. I don't think a navy Barbour ever looks right at all, just MHO.

As to the one time poster who complained about Barbour refusing to refurb his jacket, I find it's cheaper to buy a better used one on ebay than send it back to Barbour.

I've bought at least 30 in the last year, everyone under £40.

These guys are in a great band, they can wear whatever the damn well please :slayer:

Foals may well be a good band, but he's still wearing a coat thats way too small for him.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I think I’m going to pick-up an Ashby to replace my Sapper. For those that watch eBay, do prices and numbers change much over summer?

EdoubleD

Reaction score
So I think I’m going to pick-up an Ashby to replace my Sapper. For those that watch eBay, do prices and numbers change much over summer?

It’s can depend, yeah prices may be lower but it only takes two bidders on eBay for the price to increase.

Good condition Ashby’s tend to go for around the £100 that I’ve seen, might be lucky and get one around the £80. But unless it’s new with tags I wouldn’t go to much over £100

If you want new bestinthecoutry.co.uk have the Ashby for £138

https://www.bestinthecountry.co.uk/barbour-ashby-jacket-olive.html

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Medium olive.
I have a large thst I was going to return to them tbh, I’m happy to return it, excange for a medium and post it to you? All depends on how much postage would be. Pm me you want to try and sort something out

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s very kind of you!

Let me check first to see if they will ship to me. If they take off the VAT, that would cover shipping costs.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads