• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do some Barbour Jackets have a C next to the size. Like 38C. What's the C for?

HollyJoint

Reaction score
Does anyone have classic scarf at lambswool? Is his wool of good quality?

barbour-tartan-lambswool-scarf-p5047-58832_image.jpg

The merino/cash version would be more elegant, but I just use scarf in casual situations so I think lambswool would be enough

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have classic scarf at lambswool? Is his wool of good quality?

barbour-tartan-lambswool-scarf-p5047-58832_image.jpg

The merino/cash version would be more elegant, but I just use scarf in casual situations so I think lambswool would be enough

I’ve got it in lambswool. It’s great, though barbours cashmere mix is super nice.

apolloali

Reaction score
I tried on a bunch of Ashby's and Bedale's and didn't love them much. Weird! Any other models I should check out?

doctorman

Reaction score
I tried on a bunch of Ashby's and Bedale's and didn't love them much. Weird! Any other models I should check out?

you may want to give the beacon heritage, aka the commander jacket, aka james bond jacket a try. i was a bit underwhelmed by the bedale and ashby because they generally have a wider body/baggy fit, as they were designed to. the commander jacket fits slim and is designed more progressively in my opinion. i love mine.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its cold today, so pulled out the '74 from storage.
IMG_8989.JPG

philipneri

Reaction score
Is $350 a good price for the Barbour Beacon Skyfall Jacket? It is currently on sale for that price at End Clothing. The regular price is $500. It seems like a good price, but I am not as experienced as you guys.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is $350 a good price for the Barbour Beacon Skyfall Jacket? It is currently on sale for that price at End Clothing. The regular price is $500. It seems like a good price, but I am not as experienced as you guys.

I'm sure you can get it cheaper from England. But its inspired by the Skyfall jacket, the Skyfall one is a To Ki To one.

doctorman

Reaction score
I'm sure you can get it cheaper from England. But its inspired by the Skyfall jacket, the Skyfall one is a To Ki To one.

actually i was in london in june. i went to four barbour shops near central london plus the harrods and another one near windsor castle. only one store had the skyfall jacket available and only one in my size. there was no discount and i paid about 500 USD for it. there was small amount of VAT refund given at the end.

i would say end has a great price right now although i've heard you get taxed sometimes disproportionately when the goods is delivered. YMMV.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Actually $350 shipped isn't a bad price for it. End says shipped DDP but you wouldn't have to pay anything anyway since it's under $800. Lots of UK shops won't ship Barbour to the US so it can be kind of a pain. I know Country Attire doesn't. End stopped shipping Barbour to the US for a while but I think they're back to shipping it.

doctorman

Reaction score
Actually $350 shipped isn't a bad price for it. End says shipped DDP but you wouldn't have to pay anything anyway since it's under $800. Lots of UK shops won't ship Barbour to the US so it can be kind of a pain. I know Country Attire doesn't. End stopped shipping Barbour to the US for a while but I think they're back to shipping it.

the under $800 rule is generally true although i think you ought to keep your expectations low. YMMV. and let us know if you do end up ordering and let us know your experience.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've ordered plenty of stuff from the UK and haven't had to play any duty in years and that was before they raised the limit to $800.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. I paid $325 for mine NWT on ebay. So I think $350 is almost as good as you're going to get for a new one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads