1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. coolarrow

coolarrow Distinguished Member

Why do some Barbour Jackets have a C next to the size. Like 38C. What's the C for?

2. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

Chest

3. HollyJoint

HollyJoint Senior Member

Does anyone have classic scarf at lambswool? Is his wool of good quality?

[​IMG]
    The merino/cash version would be more elegant, but I just use scarf in casual situations so I think lambswool would be enough

4. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

I’ve got it in lambswool. It’s great, though barbours cashmere mix is super nice.

5. apolloali

apolloali Well-Known Member

I tried on a bunch of Ashby's and Bedale's and didn't love them much. Weird! Any other models I should check out?

6. doctorman

doctorman Senior Member

you may want to give the beacon heritage, aka the commander jacket, aka james bond jacket a try. i was a bit underwhelmed by the bedale and ashby because they generally have a wider body/baggy fit, as they were designed to. the commander jacket fits slim and is designed more progressively in my opinion. i love mine.

7. Purplelabel

Its cold today, so pulled out the '74 from storage.
    IMG_8989.JPG

8. philipneri

philipneri Well-Known Member

Is $350 a good price for the Barbour Beacon Skyfall Jacket? It is currently on sale for that price at End Clothing. The regular price is $500. It seems like a good price, but I am not as experienced as you guys.

9. Purplelabel

I'm sure you can get it cheaper from England. But its inspired by the Skyfall jacket, the Skyfall one is a To Ki To one.

10. doctorman

doctorman Senior Member

actually i was in london in june. i went to four barbour shops near central london plus the harrods and another one near windsor castle. only one store had the skyfall jacket available and only one in my size. there was no discount and i paid about 500 USD for it. there was small amount of VAT refund given at the end.

i would say end has a great price right now although i've heard you get taxed sometimes disproportionately when the goods is delivered. YMMV.

11. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

Actually $350 shipped isn't a bad price for it. End says shipped DDP but you wouldn't have to pay anything anyway since it's under $800. Lots of UK shops won't ship Barbour to the US so it can be kind of a pain. I know Country Attire doesn't. End stopped shipping Barbour to the US for a while but I think they're back to shipping it.

12. doctorman

doctorman Senior Member

the under $800 rule is generally true although i think you ought to keep your expectations low. YMMV. and let us know if you do end up ordering and let us know your experience.

13. zippyh

zippyh Distinguished Member

I've ordered plenty of stuff from the UK and haven't had to play any duty in years and that was before they raised the limit to $800.

14. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Distinguished Member

Yes. I paid $325 for mine NWT on ebay. So I think $350 is almost as good as you're going to get for a new one.

15. Green B

Green B Member

The Skyfall jacket looks nice. It was a good movie too.