1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Distinguished Member

Yeah... I have way too many Barbour jackets... and I mainly wear then on the weekends because I wear suits to work and wear overcoats or trenches when the weather gets bad.

I find sage harder to find. My Bedale is sage as I wanted a different green as my Sports Jacket and Mountain Parka are in olive. Rustic is another color that looks great.

I recommend looking at random shops that sell seasonal like Macy's, O&C, etc. that focus on fashion styles, that will likely run you the slimmer cuts. From my experience, the Heritage and Greatcoat lines (are they the same?) tend to be slimmer. I would also encourage you to check out Barbour International as they have some items in olive (not just black) as they run slimmer than the standard Barbours.

2. rk5n

rk5n Member

Can you elaborate on what typically makes it to the outlet? I'm about 2.5 hours away and was wondering if it's worth the drive

3. Kamil1987

Kamil1987 Member

I don't know the seasonal pattern, because I've been there only once but in general their stock can be divided into 3 categories:

1) -50% on everything in the store. It means that your regular Ashby/Bedale/Beaufort jackets are for 200$ and I consider that as good offer. The only caveat is that there aren't all sizes from all colors and models. It may happen that your size from particular color is missing and you have to look for something else. Also when I found XL Navy Ashby for 200$ there wasn't XL liner and hood in my particular color so I had to skip them.

2) -70% on oddities which means endings of past collections and some experimental pieces such as new colors, patterns etc. Occasions are super cool, because you may end up paying 120$ for waxed jacket, but size choice is rather sparse and there is much more S and M than L and XL

3) Red tag items, these are either pieces with blemishes such as doscolorations also torn material or misplaced buttons etc. There I did not find much of an offer, because for 50$ cheaper than normal discount there were jackets with seriuos wear and tear. On the other hand you never know what you will find.

In summary, I think if you are decided for Barbour jacket it makes sense to have a trip there. Just be a bit flexible in terms what you are expecting. If you want exactly Large Navy Bedale you may simply not find it. It even makes more sense to go with your friend/s and buy more than one piece. Now my wife also wants to go so probably in 2-3 weeks I will come back there. I met in a shop people who traveled 2.5hrs so you will not be the only one :)

4. rk5n

rk5n Member

Thanks! My wife got me a sage bedale for christmas, I'd been lusting for one for the past few years. But like others say, you can't stop at one. And she doesn't have any waxed cotton yet.