• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the McQueen line better, or just on par, with the regular Barbour line?

I like a few of the pieces alot. I have the Baker International from last season as well as the Competition Zip Thru sweater. The Melrose shawl neck is nice too but i never found it in my size. The Rexton is incredible as well if you like the distressed look

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a few of the pieces alot. I have the Baker International from last season as well as the Competition Zip Thru sweater. The Melrose shawl neck is nice too but i never found it in my size. The Rexton is incredible as well if you like the distressed look

That Barbour Competition Zip through Sweater is AWESOME!!! I just had to look it up based on your post and I'm in love!

Can you post some pics of yours? Also, black or blue?

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That Barbour Competition Zip through Sweater is AWESOME!!! I just had to look it up based on your post and I'm in love!

Can you post some pics of yours? Also, black or blue?

Please forgive the ****** iPhone pics and poor lighting. I have the black one. I had the blue one too that I sold on ebay and its a much different color than the picture shown

20axlbr.jpg

s1iag8.jpg

es94ja.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ thanks for the pics! I really love it. I don't own much black anything, but I'd consider it for this item. The blue doesn't really speak to me.

mlproject

Reaction score
picked up this bedale on the cheap a couple weeks ago. anyone know what this embroidery is on the pocket in lieu of the typical barbour logo of recent years? had never seen it before. almost thinking it was a custom run for a certain ranch or business as it looks like a brand, but who knows?

mrjwjk

Reaction score
I really need some help here...
I bought a Barbour New Utility jacket in small, but it was tight around my waist (true waist size is "34, use "32 in jeans)
I was going to change it for medium one, but Barbour New Utility is discontinued.
I really liked the Barbour New Utility look, and their updated version is now the Barbour Corbridge. However, I'm afraid that the Barbour Corbridge in medium still could be to small around the waist, because it really seems like a slimmer version.
Here is a pic:

It's just before the jacket starts "pulling" at the bottom, but it do not pull atm.

Hi Rankiz,

Are you still looking for a Corbridge in Medium? I got one at trade price through a friend however as you say they've got a new, slim fit, so is just too tight for me across the chest. I can't return / exchange it because I got it trade, but if you're still looking for one I'm now selling it on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barbour-Corbridge-Wax-Jacket-Black-Size-M-/160782369354?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&hash=item256f60424a#ht_500wt_1160

ZacEnoh

Reaction score
About to give this a go tonight. Nice video on re-waxing.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hard to tell from the back but the length looks like it's a beaufort jacket

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought my first Barbour piece, an International jacket. I must say the quality looks and feels great. I am impressed. Price is fair as well.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads