Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. mistersparkle

mistersparkle Well-Known Member

I only have a Beaufort and generally wear it if it's in the mid-50s or lower. Can't advise you on fit because I prefer the looser silhouette of the Beaufort. In terms of olive or black; unless you happen to have a lot of green-colored pants, olive will be more versatile.

My Barbour + hood was used, but the outer buttons on it do come undone every now and then.

2. LIMatt

LIMatt Well-Known Member

Used jacket, new hood*. No problems with the snaps.

* The color match is excellent, considering I have no idea how old the jacket is.

3. bbconair

bbconair Senior member

does anyone have both olive and sage, and opinions on both? i know olive ages better over time ("raw denim" like), but the sage, with the darker green, seems to wear better / match more initially.

4. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Quick question is the Ashby cut slimmer than the Bedale? And if so in what manner?

5. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Senior member

Ashby is more a tailored fit. Snugged in the pits and slimmer fit. Bedale is more of a straight fit, boxier. Just my opinion.

Just bought the Prestbury jacket and very disappointed with the fitment of the look of it. Such a bland jacket. Boxy and oversized. Highly disappointed.

6. MrUnderwood

MrUnderwood Well-Known Member

Just purchased a heritage liddesdale at a great price, really hope that it has a decent fit. I heard that the heritage version has a more custom/slim fit hence the buy before trying on.

I am eyeing the Digby jacket for the next vinter, but it depends on fit.

Has anyone tried the Digby? And in case would you recommend it? (looking for more of a custom fit/slim fit).

7. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Don't have the Digby but the Heritage Liddesdale is slimmer. No ToKiTo slim but it has a nice taper. For me, the sleeves run long (but I wear S in suits). I'll eventually get a tailor here to shorten it. As it's not waxed cotton, I don't think it's I need to send it to Barbour and have them do it.

Speaking of services, has anyone had any alterations or reproofing done recently? I heard that they moved their shop from the NE to South Carolina.

8. MrUnderwood

Looking forward to getting that Liddesdale, hopefully the sleeves will be fine... What does ToKiTo mean?

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Tokihito Yoshida. Japanese designer. Used to do a bunch of Barbours.

10. Jerel

Jerel New Member

Yes that's true (atleast for waxing), mine is all waxed up and on its way home now. Although I believe it was North Carolina.

11. Jerel

Jerel New Member

Ok so iv read this whole thread (gold star please) and just want to thank everyone for all the helpful Barbour info. Thank you, it helps.

12. MrUnderwood

Thank you

And with all that knowledge what Barbour jackets do you own ? :)

13. Jerel

Jerel New Member

Iv always had a Border that was too small so I won't count that.
    I went for a Bedale in rustic. It's from the early 90s but bought it unworn new with tags off of ebay, I love it. I ended up sizing up to allow for layers, I believe I made the right choice but still second guess myself.
    I also picked up a storm hood, way better than traditional hood in my opinion. And of course I had to get a waxed bucket hat, I like hoods but they can cut down on your peripheral vision. Plus the style of the bucket hat fits the jackets perfectly and tucks away nicely in a pocket..

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Oh yes, NC. I want to have my jacket shorted so I hope the staff get experience with the waxed cotton before I send mine down :)