1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Lots of Barbour at End Clothing. Contemplating the hooded Bedale or maybe the Tailored Sapper, but I already have something similar from Filson.

Any feedback from owners of either?

2. bquach

bquach Member

Glad I found a Barbour forum. Barbour employee here! I'll try to help if I can.

Churchill, tailored Sapper is great. I own one. However it's very tailored and I would recommend sizing up if you plan to layer. But I ended up sticking with my usual size (S) and I can only wear a thin sweater underneath it and it still pulls somewhat.

1 person likes this.
  3. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Thanks, I've actually tried that one on, and you are right, I needed to size up from my regular size to fit into it.

4. bquach

bquach Member

Break it in by wearing it when it rains.

5. mahlerian

mahlerian Member

Yes, that's what I've been doing. It's coming on well. Been raining a lot in England lately.

6. saint

saint Senior member

Is it possible to have a quilted jacket altered? I have a quilted Commander/Sporting jacket that is XL (needed for the length), but that need to be taken in 1.5-2" on each side. Any guidance would be appreciated.

7. saepnirg12

saepnirg12 Senior member

I had a Liddesdale taken in at the sides. Nothing in principle to prevent a quilted jacket from being altered. Whether it is possible for the Commander would depend on the construction of the jacket. 1.5-2" on each side sounds like a lot though.

8. bquach

bquach Member

You could ask them to install side snaps like the ones on the Lowerdale. I can't think of anything else since quilted jackets are something that usually shouldn't be taken in since it may affect the fit.

9. Alon Simba

Alon Simba New Member

Hands down, the 2 Pakistani barbers on Dundas and Jarvis. Sketchy area, but they do a great job and only $10 per cut. The other great thing is that they work AMAZING hours and are open late. Im talking till 12.

10. saint

saint Senior member

I just checked out my Lowerdale, that's a good idea I'm going to look into it.

11. stifler

stifler Senior member

Anyone have any info on the Barbour Enfield? I can't find anything online aside from Barbour's website. Thanks

12. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

I have one.

13. arthur5011

arthur5011 New Member

14. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

I'd go with M for slim fit or L for regular fit or if you are going to wear a thick sweater inside.

15. saint

saint Senior member

16. erick howe

erick howe Member

no it isn't.

17. saint

saint Senior member

60% of your, very few posts, contain a link to the same website. Pretty sure that's an indication of spam.

18. bbconair

bbconair Senior member

I have the ashby, looks great. Anybody else finding the polyester sleeve linings a bit suffocating? Was thinking about ripping it out / or making it into cotton.

19. smartie-pants

smartie-pants Well-Known Member

If you're in NYC and interested in the following pieces, PM me! All pieces were worn only a few times - must see to appreciate.

Tailored Sapper - Navy - SMALL (like-new - purchased summer 2015)
    Duke - Black - SMALL (like-new condition - purchased summer 2015) **added Barbour matching belt**
    Commander - Olive - XSMALL (like-new condition - purchased winter 2014)

My apologies for sending this to the group. Wanted to give you folks first preview before I posted anywhere else.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  20. Croo67

Croo67 New Member

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a Barbour jacket. I just returned a Reelin Barbour jacket, as it did not have your 'typical' jacket pockets (you know where you put your hands). Does anyone know of any olive/green/khaki Barbour jackets that have said pockets?

I'm just too used to walking with my hands in my jacket pockets.