1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

ˆYour easiest bet would be to measure your best-fitting outerwear jacket and compare those to the ones listed by some online seller.

2. PeterHarbinger

PeterHarbinger New Member

Thanks VRaivio, I've tried that already. They suggest size S - that seems a little odd.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  3. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

L

4. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Quote:I am 183cm and 89 kg with a pretty athletic built myself and I wear a size L and I can't wear a jacket underneath, just sweaters. I think your size would be a large without a doubt.

5. poena

poena Senior member

any luck getting country attire to ship to the US? when I check out it says

SORRY, THE BARBOUR PRODUCTS IN YOUR ORDER CANNOT SHIP TO UNITED STATES! PLEASE REMOVE BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR ORDER!

6. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

i have three barbours but recently had a conversation with someone who said that belstaffs waxed cotton was vastly superior to barbours

can anyone comment on this?

sorry if i already discussed/wrong thread

7. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

Strengthening dollar + Lack of VAT when shipping to USA makes buying Barbour from EU stores vastly cheaper. I think the commander was $735 in the USA, but only 499 euro (which ended up being less than $600 once VAT was removed, even when the Euro was stronger 2 years ago).

As such, Barbour has made most EU stores stop selling to USA to fight the arbitrage.

8. damienos

damienos Active Member

Taken during January's Selvedge Run in Berlin. Wearing a Barbour International Original A7 kept me dry and warm with some layers underneath:) 1.8cm tall and 88kg size 42. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 people like this.
  9. ChaoX

ChaoX Member

Anybody know if Barbour still sells its martindale jacket? I can't find it on its official website. Any suggestions where I can find one?

10. Expat Simon

Expat Simon Active Member

Umm, don't know about Belstaffs being vastly superior. I've got both varieties and the Belstaffs seem to be less heavily waxed than the Barbours (when brand new) but they have a slightly heavier, coarser base cloth. I like them both, they're different but not dramatically, and neither stands out as better, at least in my experience.

11. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

Where de you live? I bought mine In Toronto at Sporting Life 2 years ago.

12. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I think it's a fair point for this thread. "Vastly" superior might be a stretch, but I would think they're somewhat superior. They should be considering the price difference, though if Belstaffs are all made in Britain then that might explain part of it. Barbour may be the the better value though depending on what you can get one for. Keep in mind I don't own a Belstaff as I've always felt they may be a bit too slim for me.

Great look you're sporting there.

13. ChaoX

ChaoX Member

I would have to call a friend to buy it for me in the UK

14. Griff777

Griff777 New Member

15. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

The jackets should be the same. The difference you're seeing in color is likely down to lighting as I'd be surprised if they weren't exactly the same color in person.

The price difference is in part to pricing, exchange rates and probably more than anything the jacket from J Crew having to be imported. In my experience Barbour jackets at full price have always been higher over here.

End possibly won't even ship it to you, so you should note that. Also, if you are able to order the one from End you'll likely pay 10% in import fees. Still a better deal of course, but again I would think that End won't send it to you.

16. srsdelirium

srsdelirium New Member

Whats the word on repairing small holes on your Barbour jackets? I took it in to a local shop that has a full tailor and also sells Barbour and they said they didn't have any of the black waxed cotton to patch it with. I would rather not have to ship it all the way to Barbour if I didn't have to. I did see they used to make repair kits but they seem to be out of production.

17. saint

saint Senior member

Check out Kuhlman in Seattle, sale prices aren't on their website, but if you call the store they will tell you the sale price on items in the shop. Shipping is reasonable.

18. Griff777

Griff777 New Member

Thanks. Just ordered from End and received a shipping notification within an hour.

1 person likes this.
  19. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Good to know they're taking orders from over here.

20. ChaoX

ChaoX Member

Anybody have any experience with Elm of Burford? Thanks.