1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

I am interested in a jacket cut like the Ashby pictured above.

What are some models you guys like from Barbour that do NOT have the waxing? I don't like how they waxed models age nor the idea of how they keep in heat.

Thanks!

2. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Do you mean something like these?

[​IMG]
    There are more colors but I just bought these two... more than enough for me LOL

3. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

Those look great Chulillo. Which models are those?

4. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Thanks. Barbour Rambler are these two... don't know if they are all sold out because they are for spring-summer.

5. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Senior member

That green one is fun. It's just bright enough to separate itself from normal greens but not so green as to be neon.

6. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Thanks. That color in real life is beautiful. They call them "forest green" and I tell you everybody that has seen me with it has compliment it.

7. Junglejack

Junglejack Well-Known Member

The Slicker Too is available at Sierra Trading Post last time I looked. Purchased that jacket at Barneys along with the Seaboard and St. Kilda last year. Slicker Too is not a very comfortable jacket, but I do dig the colorway.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Anyone have a code for Sierra trading post? For some reason I stopped recing their emails and attention to sign up have proved fruitless

9. saint

saint Senior member

I deleted the email I received from them today, but if you call 1-800-713-4534 and explain to them what happened they will probably take your order and give you the discount. Their customer service is top notch.

10. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

+1 for STP CS. Wore my olive Hurricane for the first time and it is awesome. Will try and snap some pics next time.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

did you grab the navy? i thought about it remember seeing one for $200 ish. i have the waxed canvas version barra? i think. love that jacket. does the slicker too fit tight in the shoulder and loose in the body?

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

thank you gents ill be a calling

13. Junglejack

Junglejack Well-Known Member

I did grab the navy. It does not seem too tight in the shoulders. I have it in Large and it is certainly roomy, but not swimming in it the way you would with say the Bedale. I think I have 8 or 9 Barbour jackets and of all the ones that fit wonky, the Kinneff takes the cake. Even in the UK the stockists recommend upsizing up to two sizes. I purchased it from Orvis and the reviews were brutal about the sizing. Still love it though.

I wish I had purchased the Barra as the St. Kilda is just too big. Really cool jacket and I love that it is made in the UK, but never really have worn it and actually loaned it out to a friend.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  14. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Or just try retailmenot.com

Slicker Too fits the same as Barra. I have them both.
    Slicker is hellishly hot and sweaty btw.

I see that they've got the Norton & Sons Stanhope in a few colors. It runs a little big.

15. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

Sykloil break in question. Will the shininess come off just by wearing it and walking around with it? Is it possible without friction, i.e. coming into contact with furniture? I don't want to leave oil stains on light color furniture or my car interior.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  16. Bellafonte27

Bellafonte27 Active Member

Yeah, the more you wear it, the less shiny it'll get. Just regular wear will help decrease the sheen on the wax. Wearing it in the rain will speed up the process (that's what it was designed to do, after all).

17. SnakeDoctor

SnakeDoctor Active Member

Admittedly none of my jackets have started out quite as shiny as yours I don't think (though perhaps the picture is deceiving), but I've never had any issues with the finish rubbing off on stuff that I've noticed. The patina will just develop over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. saint

saint Senior member

The STP sale has been a real boon, particularly early on. I got 4 jackets, none of them really typically Barbour: all are navy and only one is waxed cotton. I bought a Shoredace, Markham, Aberfeldy and a wool Gamefair. 4 really nice Barbours for under $500 is not bad at all. I'll post pics if I get a chance.

19. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Please do! I am a Barbour addict. I own 5 now and last week bought two more... I hope if there is not much delay on shipping that I can post a couple of pictures next week, or maybe the one after... I am eager to wear these new ones... now I am only missing a Duke jacet which is the one that started it all for me but unfortunately is gone in my size really quick every year...

20. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

STP has a lot of good stuff but it carries mostly in large only. Bummer if you are a medium or prefer a slimmer fit. :(