• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Magic1

Reaction score
Interested in that as well.

Golden bear has one as well, but made in america and not waxed. (visit unionmade.com)

Does anyone know if this site it legit or not?
http://www.barbourjacketssuksale.net/

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check the sale on choicestore.co.uk they have some Barbours at 50% off,I just ordered an Ashby for £100 ( so I have fingers crossed ).
I saw those Golden Bear harringtons online they look very good,do they ship to the UK ?.

jhwendland

Reaction score

jhwendland

Reaction score
Also not a huge fan of the fact that Steve McQueen's face is literally plastered to the inside of that jacket.

LaymanX

Reaction score
Omg that site comes up like EVERY WEEK in this thread
lol8[1].gif

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Check the sale on choicestore.co.uk they have some Barbours at 50% off,I just ordered an Ashby for £100 ( so I have fingers crossed ).
I saw those Golden Bear harringtons online they look very good,do they ship to the UK ?.

that's a steal at 50% off.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a gmail email address pretty much gives it away. Always check contact details for a bricks and mortar address and a proper email address.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are Barbour jackets more susceptible to fraud attempts than other brands?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why are Barbour jackets more susceptible to fraud attempts than other brands?

It's because there is a large lower middle class constituency attracted to the brand, but largely unable to afford it at retail prices.

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score
So here's another authenticity question.

I picked up a classic durham on ebay today, and thought I had done my due diligence confirming it's authenticity. Now, I'm kind of concerned.

I've attached some photos, and was hoping someone to could help whose more familiar with these jackets.

My concern is that the white tag that denotes the type of jacket, "classic durham" and size "42/107, is in a different place than other jackets I had come across. The font appears to be slightly different too.

Also the photo of the hook to hang the coat up shows that hook is a solid black, rather than the tartan colour. Although, I've seen the black hook on other models.

I had look at this sellers feedback and all of the barbour jackets he sold received positive feedback, and there were a few. I already emailed the seller who assured me that he purchased it from the Barbour factory in South Shields for himself, he's in the UK, but never got to wearing it. He claims it's a definitely authentic, and it had initially seemed that way.

Anyways, any insight would be appreciated. Could it be a sample or something along those lines, given it looks pretty authentic aside from what I've mentioned about the white size tag.

Two classic durhams on ebay, used, that appear to have a different font, placement of the 7 and 5.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks legit to me. You do get samples and old stock coming out of the South Shields factory, and it's not one of the most faked models.

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score

Looks legit to me. You do get samples and old stock coming out of the South Shields factory, and it's not one of the most faked models.

I appreciate your response, as I've been trying to determine whether or not to ask for a refund prior to the seller shipping the item. Everything about the jacket looks great, aside from the one small size tag, which lead to me questioning its authenticity. In some of the other photos, it shows that it has the additional zipper to attach a liner as well. That's something commonly missing in fakes. You're right about this being less likely to be faked than some of the other models.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads