1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. saint

saint Senior member

Might be what's now called the Commander or Sport jacket (it's the non-tokito version of the jacket from Skyfall).

2. smartlew

smartlew Senior member

Had ring zippers on the back pocket, and I'm sure it was a zip front too - thanks for your suggestion though!

3. AdRock

AdRock Active Member

I tried it on in-store and boy am I glad I waited to see it in person vs. ordering it online.

The collar I am indifferent about, the real shame for this jacket is the cut on the body. It has a sort 'bell' shape in that is slowly flares out towards the bottom of the jacket. It is not a 'straight' cut at all. It really gives the jacket a weird drape as the material is it made out of is fairly rigid so you end up wearing something that somehow resembles a dress.

To top it off the inside of the jacket material has a fine velvet-like feel to it which is nice initially but makes it really difficult to take the jacket off. The material grips the fabric on your shirt and it is like pulling Velcro off almost.

Really disappointed in this jacket overall, very happy I waited to actually try it on in-store.

Ended up going with a Navy Tailored Sapper (m65) jacket from Barbour instead. Not quite the same functionality but related as it is still a Barbour. I will provide an update on the fit etc. once I receive it (they had to order it from another store).

4. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

What do you think about this factory distressed Barbour jacket? Does the distressing look cool or it looks like you just stole it from a homeless?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  5. CasuallySmart

CasuallySmart Well-Known Member

6. styleforumfan

Looks like Barbour discontinued the Steve McQueen line. It's no longer on the website.

7. smartie-pants

smartie-pants Well-Known Member

Ashby Vs Bedale

How different are the two and are the differences noticeable?

I searched the archives and found a string of posts, but aside from the Ashby being slimmer, there was not much else to be found.

Thoughts?

8. versusqc

versusqc Senior member

Bedale is made in the UK whereas Ashby is not (I think mine is made in Vietnam). Corduroy collar has lower wale count on the Bedale, softer as well. Finishing (stitching, lining) looked slightly superior on the Bedale, although it's nothing to write home about. Still, I'd recommend you try both: I was considering both models and ended up with the Ashby for the fit.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  9. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I think I saw a tailored sapper at Club Monaco. Looks like a nice jacket. If I didn't already have a similar one from Filson I would have considered it.

10. tropics

tropics Senior member

same here.

11. Guus

Guus Senior member

Any opinions on the Lowerdale vest?

12. adebisi

adebisi Senior member

Barbour x Land Rover aw15 is released !

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

14. styleforumfan

15. adebisi

adebisi Senior member

16. adebisi

adebisi Senior member

17. styleforumfan

Is it normal for Barbour waxed cotton jacket to trap moisture? I tried on one indoor. It made me sweat already after a couple of minute. It became so uncomfortable like sitting in a sauna I had to take it off.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  18. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Is this really a serious question?

19. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

I've had this problem with my Barbours too, they really lock in the moisture

20. styleforumfan

If your biker jacket comes with a belt, do you usually wear it with or without the belt?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]