1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Offical Barbour Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES, Jan 29, 2011.

1. adebisi

adebisi Senior member

2. Grove

Grove Senior member

It's not Barbour. Looks like a Lavenham x Casely Hayford.

3. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Ive found skyoil does.

4. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

Does anyone know if Barbour USA still has the printed catalogue called "Range Directory" and will send you a copy upon request?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  5. AdRock

AdRock Active Member

Has anyone had any experience with the Bankside model yet? It looks like a pretty nice coat that captures some of the Barbour heritage looks while updating the actual functionality of their jackets. I have wanted a Barbour for a while but always had two issues:

1. The fit, I am 6'6" and there is no way the sleeves would be long enough.
    2. I am still not sure I could deal with the 'funk' of a waxed coat.

The Bankside seems to eliminate both of those issues, the fit is 'updated' (read longer cut) and the material does not require any waxing to be functional. I realize a lot of people like Barbour FOR the wax but this again seems like a nice compromise to achieve the look without the issues.

[​IMG]

http://www.sotostore.com/store/bankside-jacket-navy

Any opinions?

6. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I'm not sure if it's just the way the model is wearing it, but I don't like the collar on the jacket. Too lazy to google an image of the jacket on someone else.

7. styleforumfan

I just received a new Barbour Sylkoil jacket in the mail. It's very wrinkled from sitting in the box too long. What's the best way to remove the stubborn creases from shipment? Thanks!

8. Churchill W

I would hang it, in one of those dry cleaning plastic liners, so as not to ruin anything else in your closet and just wear it when the need arises. This is country-wear.

9. styleforumfan

The jacket seems very oily. When is it safe to wear light color garment with it or even sit on light colored furniture?

Does Beeswax have this staining problem on light colored items?

10. Churchill W

It's not waxed on the inside is it? I don't see an issue with wearing stuff under it.

Wouldn't sit on any light colored furniture though. Not sure how to determine when it is safe to touch other items with the jacket.

11. styleforumfan

The beige tartan lining on my jacket has a few spots of Sykloil stain. It happened during shipment as the seller forgot to zip the jacket up. What's the best way to wash them off?

12. AdRock

AdRock Active Member

Here is one more for your browsing pleasure:

[​IMG]

This gentleman certainly seems to be happy about the collar. I think it looks a little 'odd' in the first picture but looks like short point collar here.

13. round

round Senior member

14. Mariokartfever

Mariokartfever Senior member

15. styleforumfan

Does anyone in the US have experience buying Barbour from End Clothing in the UK? Would you recommend this vendor? Do you have to pay US import tax?

16. Churchill W

Haven't bought Barbour, but have bought Inverallan from them. Transaction went smoothly except credit card declined the transaction because it was outside the U.S. Called the bank and they cleared it. Don't see how buying Barbour would be that much different. It's been about 6 weeks now, but have not received a bill for duties yet . I think it's hit or miss. Just don't be surprised if you receive one. The fact they use Fedex increases the chances.

17. Churchill W

Too short for my taste.

18. styleforumfan

Any idea what the US import tax % is roughly for a $300 jacket if you get hit with a bill? Don't you have to pay on the spot or FedEx will not release the package?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  19. Churchill W

Someone was telling it would be $50 for a $225 sweater. Using that as a base it could be approximately $75.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  20. smartlew

smartlew Senior member

I wonder if someone could help me identify a jacket I saw a chap wearing last week - it was a plain, short jacket (Bedale sort of length), but had two zips at the back for a poachers pocket?

I should've just asked him what model it was, but I didn't. Any ideas?